“Must Love the Ambiance, but....read on”
Review of Bistro St. Michael

Bistro St. Michael
Ranked #8 of 226 Restaurants in Prescott
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I met a friend here for lunch. I'd not been in this restaurant, which is in a great location on Courthouse Square. The ambiance is absolutely delightful and that gives it a good rating boost. But, when you are in dry Arizona and you have to flag down a server in a half full restaurant to get a refill on your water, it's NOT a good thing. I had a Portobello burger, which was quite nice, a perfect size for lunch. I chose coleslaw as my side dish and it was really dreadful. It was limp, soggy, watery and totally lacking in seasoning. I can do a lot better at home. My friend had the quiche of the day and ate every bite of it, commenting on the fact that it was good.

I might try this place for breakfast, as those reviews seem so positive, but I think I can do better for lunch. Bottom line: servers need some refresher training and someone with taste buds needs to take a bite of that coleslaw.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

The Eggs Benedict Florentine is so incredible. The bloody mary is also amazing. They have a good selection for vegetarians and every dish is perfectly presented.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

A very charming restaurant, in a prefect location across from the court house. Decor is that I would expect Teddy Roosevelt to step up to the bar. The food is fine but the charm takes this dinning experience to a higher level. Had two grand kids in tow and were seated appropriately.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Stopped here for lunch and we were not disappointed. The food was delicious, and the service was excellent all for a very reasonable price. We enjoyed the historic character and the opportunity to watch from our window location. They have the best cheesecake ever!!!

Reviewed 12 March 2014

This is a great place to visit. The restaurant is located in the historic St Michaels Hotel right across from the Courthouse Square. The Old West flavor is still there with the wooden floors and high ceilings. The menu has a nice variety with some vegetarian dishes and the prices are very reasonable. I shall return