“What a great find!!”
Review of The Motor Lodge

The Motor Lodge
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Reviewed 14 June 2011

We loved this little place. What is not to love. They offer you a beer or glass of wine on check in, you have a carport with most rooms. Kim is an amazing lady, and so helpful. Our room was VERY clean and so well decorated. The room was great, little kitchenette, with fridge and coffee pot, teas, coffee for in the morning. Real cups for the coffee, so much nicer and environmently friendlier than styrofoam. Big plush towels in the bath, and the soaps and shampoos are amazing!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 June 2011

This was one of the best experiences I have ever had at a hotel. The welcome cocktail, the friendleness of the owners, their help in selecting evening and breakfast dining, the homemade cookies they gave us on departure and their suggestion for scenic ride home made this a truly good experience. The patio just outside the room was convenient and comfortable - able to relax with their arrival beer and wine. A plus was having a garage for the car and only a few feet away. Things could not be more conventient.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly to get room availabilty.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2011

I first found this super fun location in Sunset magazine. We were going to be heading to Prescott to see my nephew graduate, we didn't yet have a hotel, so I checked out the reviews on TA. Before arriving, I was somewhat skeptical - I mean, how can a place be THAT great? Simply put? Because it is. My parents stopped by to check it out and Dad was reminded of the quaint motor lodges he had stayed in as a kid. We got some beers from the liquor store across the street and spent a couple of hours just shooting the breeze on our own little deck out front. I loved the vintage decor in our room. And the sheets! So comfortable. Because my husband is a big man, he had a little trouble with the size of the bathroom, but it is understandable considering the age of the ML. Next time we are in Prescott, we are staying there again! The only (I hesitate to use the word negative) 'thing' is that the freshly baked cookies we received upon check out contained nuts, which my husband is allergic to. But I'm not - Yum! Oops! How could I forget!?!?! We too got a glass of wine each upon check in. What a lovely way to start our stay! And our room (#3) had a fridge and full size coffee maker which saved me on that early morning wake up! Thank you, thank you!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amy A
Reviewed 6 May 2011

My husband and I, along with three friends were on a 5-day Harley adventure with the first night being in Prescott. When we arrived, the motel we planned on staying at had it's office closed for an emergency, so we moved along and just happened upon The Motor Lodge. The owner was working the desk and did have a couple of rooms available for us.

When I entered our room I was surprised to find a really cute room with so many special touches. The rooms have a mid-century modern type of flair and each piece of decor has been carefully chosen. No two rooms are alike. Even though the facility is very old...they have made it very funky and cool. For example, outside of our room is a metal dog made out of variouis contraptions, with a bowl of nails for it's snack. I also really liked that each of the little units had a small sitting area in front with cool chairs out of the 50's. Oh...I don't want to forget to mention the bed...it was wonderful (comfortable)!!! You can check out the pictures of the rooms on their website.

The only thing that was a bummer is that a previous guest smoked in our non-smoking room...and the odor was still there. I felt bad for the owners that someone would do this to a place where it is obvious that the owners take such pride in.

So, if you want a retro - Dwell - unique type experience...stay at The Motor Lodge. We will be back!

Room Tip: Rooms with the wood balcony preferred.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank trailbiter
Reviewed 21 April 2011

This has got to be the place to stay in Prescott. We had a two bedroom suite with sitting room, bathroom and well-stocked kitchen. There was a comfortable sofabed in the sittingroom. The rooms are simple but comfortable, and it was great to have a deck to sit out on. But the best thing is the friendly owners, who made us very welcome and were good fun to chat with, as well as providing good advice. We would definitely come again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2011

Having planned a cool weekend road trip north from Phoenix, we stayed here on the (unexpected) Big Snowy Weekend Feb. 26-27, 2011 ... complete with snow, icy streets, and lovely icicles when we looked out our little kitchenette window. We're committed to a return when we can enjoy the milder spring weather! A few years back, the owners Joe and Bryan bought what must have been a crumbling old motor lodge from Route 66 heyday and have lovingly restored the rooms one by one. Our friend Steve settled in to echoes of the honeymoon suite of the old Stardust Hotel in Las Vegas - elaborate headboard (on new bed with great linens), dresser upcycled to modern bathroom vanity, and sliding closet door transformed into room divider. We saw five rooms and each was restored with similar attention to detail, including a bit of themed reading material. They welcomed us with a glass of wine, comforted us with a cozy outdoor fire and blankets, and sent us on our way with warm chocolate chip cookies for the road. Note to travelers who equate five stars with big chain amenities: these five stars are for good vibes, charming rooms, and hospitality. Located just four blocks off the courthouse park and the center of town; easy access other times of year to great restaurants, hiking trails, and nearby Lynx Lake. p.s. Our enclosed 1950s style carport sported a little chandelier!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2011

This place has it right, great beds with great sheets - so important!! Clean clean and clean!! Friendly and with so much character! Great value and great location. Close to the square without being in the middle of the rowdyness. I will stay again and again!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family