“Loved this Hotel!!”

Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Mesa, Arizona
“Loved this Hotel!!”
Reviewed 7 July 2011

My husband and I decided at the last minute to spend 4th of July in Prescott. I checked on Trip Advisor for hotels and found this little gem of a hotel. The owners were awesome - friendly and greeted us with a beer. They also had a map and tons of advice on things to do around the area (we had never been to Prescott before)! It is a very hip, remodeled Motor Lodge that is just a few blocks away from Whiskey Row and the Court House square. We are already planning a trip back to the Motor Lodge in the fall!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Coeur d'Alene, ID
Reviewed 1 July 2011

We stayed at the Motor Lodge in Prescott for 5 nights on our vacation and it was one of the best experiences ever. The owners/staff are knowledgeable, friendly, fun. We will be back and we would have no hesitancy recommending this venue.

1 Thank cdajane
Temecula, CA
Reviewed 20 June 2011

We were very excited to stay at The Motor Lodge based on reviews here on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed.
We arrived around 1pm on a Saturday and surprisingly our room was already prepared for us. The staff was very friendly while checking us in, showing us the room, offering food recommendations etc. We felt genuinely welcome and well taken care of.
We had a suite which was very large. It felt like our own very comfortable cabin with mid-century modern and artsy Americana decor. You'd never mistake the room decor for a Fairmont property but the bedding is as comfortable as any I've ever slept in and it was nice to have a flat screen in both the bedroom and living room areas.
I guess the best way to sum up the Motor Lodge was that it felt like home away from home with a fun twist and some of the nicest service I've ever had.
My biggest concern was that the Lodge is up the hill a little way from Whiskey Row so we had to drive down each time. But they do have bicycles you can check out and since you have your own car port its a snap to get in and out to see Prescott.
I can't wait for our next visit.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
scottsdale
Reviewed 15 June 2011

We took a midweek break as Scottsdale is heating up to celebrate our anniversary and chose this gem after reading reviews ditto ditto ditto! Mid+century has never looked so good...and felt so confronted! The owner offered us a choice of rooms each with fireplace and we chose the one w/o kitchenete, perhaps if we were staying longer it would be great. Our room does have fridge, coffee pot, delicious coffee, hot chocolate,tea...great toiletries...did I mention deluxe bedding? We were offered beer/wine which we enjoyed on porch plusses garage! Owners make you feel at home...a 10!!!

• Stayed June 2011
Death Valley National Park, California
Reviewed 14 June 2011

We loved this little place. What is not to love. They offer you a beer or glass of wine on check in, you have a carport with most rooms. Kim is an amazing lady, and so helpful. Our room was VERY clean and so well decorated. The room was great, little kitchenette, with fridge and coffee pot, teas, coffee for in the morning. Real cups for the coffee, so much nicer and environmently friendlier than styrofoam. Big plush towels in the bath, and the soaps and shampoos are amazing!!

Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed 9 June 2011

This was one of the best experiences I have ever had at a hotel. The welcome cocktail, the friendleness of the owners, their help in selecting evening and breakfast dining, the homemade cookies they gave us on departure and their suggestion for scenic ride home made this a truly good experience. The patio just outside the room was convenient and comfortable - able to relax with their arrival beer and wine. A plus was having a garage for the car and only a few feet away. Things could not be more conventient.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly to get room availabilty.
Omaha
Reviewed 12 May 2011

I first found this super fun location in Sunset magazine. We were going to be heading to Prescott to see my nephew graduate, we didn't yet have a hotel, so I checked out the reviews on TA. Before arriving, I was somewhat skeptical - I mean, how can a place be THAT great? Simply put? Because it is. My parents stopped by to check it out and Dad was reminded of the quaint motor lodges he had stayed in as a kid. We got some beers from the liquor store across the street and spent a couple of hours just shooting the breeze on our own little deck out front. I loved the vintage decor in our room. And the sheets! So comfortable. Because my husband is a big man, he had a little trouble with the size of the bathroom, but it is understandable considering the age of the ML. Next time we are in Prescott, we are staying there again! The only (I hesitate to use the word negative) 'thing' is that the freshly baked cookies we received upon check out contained nuts, which my husband is allergic to. But I'm not - Yum! Oops! How could I forget!?!?! We too got a glass of wine each upon check in. What a lovely way to start our stay! And our room (#3) had a fridge and full size coffee maker which saved me on that early morning wake up! Thank you, thank you!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple