“Motor Lodge in Prescott, AZ”
Review of The Motor Lodge

The Motor Lodge
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The Motor Lodge is a wonderful place.... the patios outside of each room are wonderful to drink your coffee or tea in the morning and great for an evening beer or wine. The rooms are very comfortable and have great accessories like the toy truck that holds the sugars for the coffee maker in Room 2. Lots of great nostalgia from a few years back coupled with the modern comforts. A great break from the hotel chains. I will definitely stay again on my next trip to Prescott.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Paul S

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed here 2 nights based on other reviews, and we were very pleased. We were even able to check in early.

What a cool place! This is not your ordinary motel, and that's a good thing. Very fun and relaxing.

From the warm reception you get upon check in, which, by the way includes a beer or glass of wine (you tell me what other motel does that!), to the interesting decor, you know you have arrived "home". They also have the softest, thickest towels I have ever had anywhere.

The rooms were spotless clean, and very quite. The bed was super comfortable, the best I have slept on in a motel in a long time. Our room even had a carport to park in.

Sit out on your own deck and relax. Then, in the evening, sit by the fireplace by the office, and gaze at the stars and the moon.

It's only a few blocks to the town square and Whiskey Row. There's a liquor store next door, and great place to eat a couple of blocks away called Bill's Grill, that has great burgers.

When I return to Prescott, this is the place I will stay!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cropduster2153
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We arrived early for check-in and Joe was cool, not at all punitive and even offered us a beverage. He escorted us to our room which was the "apartment", so darned cute & it has a fridge & sink with a little stove. He was a good person to consult about local stuff and restaurants. The beds were comfy and loved the privacy of having two entirely separate bedrooms with doors. Just be aware that there's no bathtub in case that's a deal breaker. Found the street we faced to be pretty mellow when the morning came, very quiet all night. The huge patio is a definite plus, particularly when you factor in a friendly kitty cat. All in all a very pleasant experience which I intend to share with others in future. It's a certain, "must do" when you're in Prescott, which is such a beautiful outdoor excursion to begin with.

Room Tip: Two separate bedrooms in the apartment.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank nancy b
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Fabulous place to stay, from wine or beer when you check in, very soft towels, fun decor and clean rooms to fresh cookies. I feel so relaxed. We talked with Brian for places to eat and he has great recommendations. Staff was friendly and quick to accommodate booking the room was very easy and when I had questions they were quick to respond.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Salscooter
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My husband and I spent one night in Prescott en route from Phoenix to Sedona at the beginning of a 10-day vacation. I found this place on tripadvisor but when we passed it on the road my husband said, "oh, no, that can't be it!" So we drove on and looked at other chain hotels farther from town and on a major highway, only to return to see what the good reviews were all about. When we walked into the office to inquire about vacancies, the welcoming manager said, "oh my, you look really weary." Wow, she pegged it completely!

She showed us two options that were available (we took the suite), gave us a glass of wine, a map, and some restaurant recommendations. The suite was perfect -- funky, but perfect! We had a living room with gas fireplace, kitchenette with microwave and small fridge, large bedroom, huge walk-in closet, and a small but sufficient bathroom. Everything was meticulously clean, and nothing looked worn. Other guests were out on their patios when we arrived and we were greeted warmly by all. We walked to dinner, which was wonderful, and had such a good night sleep that I got the name of the pillows they use so I could buy some for home.

I woke early to deal with some lingering work issues and made a pot of coffee, delighted to find everything I needed in the small kitchen, including small containers of half-and-half instead of the dreadful powdered coffee "creamer." We left in far better shape than we arrived, and departed with a bag of home made cookies and a "thanks for coming" send-off from the manager. It was a wonderful and rejuvenating stay, and I would recommend this to anyone who eschews bland chain hotels in favor of smaller, more personal accommodations. We felt well-tended and cared for, which really is a balm when traveling far from home.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sunsal
Reviewed 29 March 2014

A friend of the owners turned us on to the Motor Lodge and w were glad we booked it for our night in Prescott. The room was comfortable especially for a good night's sleep. The staff was friendly and made sure we had what we needed. The little extras set it apart. We would book it again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ReadRibbet
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

This place is awesome, from the amazing staff to the vintage bikes to the thoughtful touches like a welcome drink and a good bye cookie. This place is awesome. The location is great. The ambiance is that perfect mix of funky and cool. This is not cookie cutter. If are looking for tasteful beige, this is not the place. If you are looking for unique and stylish, do not miss The Motor Lodge. I wish there was one of these types if unique choices in every town. The shower is tiny, and I mean tiny, this place is so great that it dosen't even matter.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business