“THIS is the place to STAY”
Review of The Motor Lodge

The Motor Lodge
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I was so excited to come home and write about this place. When I walked in and was offered a cold beer and a friendly smile. From that moment on, we were only more and more surprised and delighted by this motel.
The Room: Forget about it, always ask for "The Hideaway" Room #13. This used to be the owners suite. It's amazing. Comfortable bed with linens that felt like my own! Very rare for "motel". Nice Smart TV with access to Netflix. QUIET room. Great hardwood/carpet floor. Everything had a purpose in the room. And it was all antique/unique furnishings.
The Bathroom: Made me want to remodel mine at home. That Koehler shower is amazing. Also love the vintage sink/vanity.
The Outlets: Retractable outlet for your phone.
The Lights: All on dimmers. Plus a bad*ss wall length color changing LED "night lite".
The Grounds: Spotless. Such attention to detail. Clean. Safe. Every room has a patio.
The Location: We walked to Whiskey Row each night we were there. Also, it's across from a Quick Stop, which doesn't sound awesome, until you need something. Then it is amazing.
I didn't want to leave. Also, made me question my current profession. I was thinking seriously about asking if they had any open positions. Seriously, the vibe was THAT awesome.
The Staff: Kim and Joe -- you are both the best. So attentive and warm. You made all the difference!

Room Tip: I recommend room #13, it is secluded and quiet.
2  Thank Katca78
There are newer reviews for The Motor Lodge

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I can't say enough about the Motor Lodge! Every detail in every room is quirky and eclectic and so much fun. The hosts are such friendly, warm, welcoming men. And extra touches like homemade cookies and a little magnetic chess game for the car as we left were beyond anything I would have expected. I give the Motor Lodge my very highest recommendation! My youngest son is considering Prescott for college and I have found my "home" there. :-) I took a ton of pictures and will post them.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

A must stay in Prescott! Totally awesome, homey, fun, and "groovy" place. Walking distance to the courthouse square area. Joe took great care of us and gave us exceptional restaurant recommendations! What a great time. Will definitely be back!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I felt like a real guest at The Motor Lodge. Joe welcomed us with a wonderfully cool beverage first thing. Our room was beautiful, the bed was dreamy, the chandeliers in the carports were the "cherry on top" . We enjoyed sitting on the patio in the mornings and evenings and being visited by the resident cat. Joe and Brian recommended great places to eat. I will be back here - there is no need to stay anywhere else in Prescott.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This is definitely a unique place to stay and you won't be disappointed. While the rooms are decorated in a wonderful quirky retro style, it is also the little things that count. The owners have worked hard to make this a fun place to stay and they are more than helpful on things to do in the area, places to eat, etc. In fact, all the staff was warm and friendly and couldn't do enough to make sure we were comfortable and having a good time. The sheets were not the usual starchy hotel sheets yet were a soft cotton sateen which feels so good. The towels were so thick and fluffy that it wasn't funny and even the toilet paper and tissues were not your usual stiff hotel quality. While this is an old motor lodge built in the 30s, it has been re painted nicely inside and out and was perfectly clean. It is within walking distance of downtown which is also very convenient. We can't say enough good things about The Motor Lodge as it truly lives up to its 5-star rating!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

First time staying here. Was a fantastic place. Lots of colorful décor. Joe and Brian as well as the rest of the staff where very friendly and helpful. We spent four nights and would stay again. Liked setting on the porch/deck having breakfast and enjoying the start of the day.

1  Thank KeiferRicci
Reviewed 22 July 2014

What can I say about this place? Bizarre? Quaint? Quirky?

This is the second time my husband and I stayed at the Motor Lodge. The first time I went we were like two kids 'oh my God' we said, 'this is so quirky.'

At first after traveling first class and staying at Marriotts for the earlier part of the year we looked around at our somewhat substandard surroundings. You practically had to back into the bathroom it was so small and as far as security is concerned you can forget about it.

The lodge is like someone's personal complex. There is a door and windows on most of the rooms but that is it. Open it up and you are outside.

However, the same things that make it crazy and weird are the things you end up liking about it. Where else can you look out your window and see a bunch of people sitting on their personal porch slugging a few beers? That used to happen in my home in Ozone Park but really at a Hotel?

This staff isn't there after seven so if you need anything make sure you get to them before that. There is free Wi-Fi, which works great and HBO on the TV.

But I have to tell you about the best part. The bed. Okay let's not think crazy now (although you can if you wish) but that is the best damn sleep both me and my husband have had in a long time. The bed is soft and cushy and the pillows were great. We slept in, which never happens and we have three different beds to choose from between the two states that we are currently living in.

When we got home and slept on our sleep number bed the damn thing felt like a rock compared to the cloud we were sleeping on in Prescott.

It's a good old fashion place to stay and it is our pick when returning to this lovely area.

1  Thank Joanne I