“House on the Hill is awesome”
Review of The Motor Lodge

The Motor Lodge
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Phoenix, Arizona
“House on the Hill is awesome”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed at the house offered by Motor Lodge and it was great! Talk about ammenities! We love to take our own food for breakfast and dinner and this was perfect. The absolute best equiped kitchen ever for this type of rental. Great views and quiet community - love it.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Chesterfield
Reviewed 16 August 2014

When the wifi code is "thegrooviest" you know you are staying in a cool place. Within walking distance to town..easy walk. Check in with Brian and a cold Mexican beer to greet us was a great touch. Gave great recommendations for hikes, meals, and must sees. We stayed in Room 10. King bed, fireplace, small kitchenette. Small bathroom.....he tried to move us after seeing my 6'6 husband but was booked and we were fine with it as it was just 2 nights. Good coffee in the room. Quiet. Little front porch we could go out and see the mountains in the distance. Sat and had coffee and watched this cool place wake up and greet us. A step back in time but with the cool kids who make life fun! Great stay. Would highly recommend. Started our anniversary trip here and it was quirkily romantic.....different, but fun, neat, and you will love it.

Room Tip: Talk to owners. They are great. All rooms face to common driveway. No bad view or room. Just a c...
1 Thank Danielle F
Livermore, California
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Just finished up my second visit to the Motor Lodge. It is still a fantastic place to stay. The great service is the number one reason to stay here. Unmatched among any of the chain hotels... Brian and crew make everyone feel like they are #1. It is within walking distance of Whiskey Row and all the restaurants in the downtown. Take the eatery suggestions Motor Lodge provides... they are spot on and will make your visit even more enjoyable. My favorite room feature is the small decks which are outside each room. Enjoy the sunsets, talk to your neighbor, or just take in the Prescott climate. It is all good! Going back soon.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We live in Phoenix & love taking quick trips to Prescott. We were referred to the Motor Lodge by some friends a couple years ago & have stayed multiple times since. On our most recent visit to Prescott we decided to try a new place only because we bought a Deal Chicken which turned out to be a mistake! We ended up leaving that place after one night & going to Motor Lodge for the rest of our visit. Brian & Joe are tremendous hosts & have the best accommodations in town hands down! We definatley wont stray again & cant wait for our next getaway. CHEERS Shelly & Randy

Los Altos, California
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I was so excited to come home and write about this place. When I walked in and was offered a cold beer and a friendly smile. From that moment on, we were only more and more surprised and delighted by this motel.
The Room: Forget about it, always ask for "The Hideaway" Room #13. This used to be the owners suite. It's amazing. Comfortable bed with linens that felt like my own! Very rare for "motel". Nice Smart TV with access to Netflix. QUIET room. Great hardwood/carpet floor. Everything had a purpose in the room. And it was all antique/unique furnishings.
The Bathroom: Made me want to remodel mine at home. That Koehler shower is amazing. Also love the vintage sink/vanity.
The Outlets: Retractable outlet for your phone.
The Lights: All on dimmers. Plus a bad*ss wall length color changing LED "night lite".
The Grounds: Spotless. Such attention to detail. Clean. Safe. Every room has a patio.
The Location: We walked to Whiskey Row each night we were there. Also, it's across from a Quick Stop, which doesn't sound awesome, until you need something. Then it is amazing.
I didn't want to leave. Also, made me question my current profession. I was thinking seriously about asking if they had any open positions. Seriously, the vibe was THAT awesome.
The Staff: Kim and Joe -- you are both the best. So attentive and warm. You made all the difference!

Room Tip: I recommend room #13, it is secluded and quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Katca78
Simi Valley, CA
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I can't say enough about the Motor Lodge! Every detail in every room is quirky and eclectic and so much fun. The hosts are such friendly, warm, welcoming men. And extra touches like homemade cookies and a little magnetic chess game for the car as we left were beyond anything I would have expected. I give the Motor Lodge my very highest recommendation! My youngest son is considering Prescott for college and I have found my "home" there. :-) I took a ton of pictures and will post them.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Goodyear, Arizona
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

A must stay in Prescott! Totally awesome, homey, fun, and "groovy" place. Walking distance to the courthouse square area. Joe took great care of us and gave us exceptional restaurant recommendations! What a great time. Will definitely be back!

Stayed July 2014