“Girls overnight getaway with my mom, sister and daughter”
Review of The Motor Lodge

The Motor Lodge
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Reviewed 28 June 2010

I would reccomend this lodging to anyone. Raymond did an outstanding job of making us feel welcome. Had pleasant conversations with both he and Brian throughout our overnight stay. The owners should feel comfortable in knowing they have someone great to watch over their place in their absence. Great job Raymond!
Carrie from Phoenix

• Stayed: June 2010

Reviewed 23 June 2010

After reading all the great reviews we were prepared to be disappointed. We weren't. The Motor Lodge is great. Our room was clean, comfortable (probably the most comfortable bed we've been in any motel or hotel) and perfectly located to provide easy access to the best that Prescott has to offer without being in the middle of it. The ambience was great and direct reflection of the owners, Brian and Joe. We've been in many budget motels and some really expensive hotels including presidention suites. But our new all time favorite is The Motor Lodge in Prescott, AZ!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2010

What an adorable place! The hosts are beyond friendly and helpful - we felt like old friends after the first hour. Love Love Love The Motor Lodge!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 June 2010

I have found a new favorite spot to stay in Prescott. The service is wonderful and the rooms are great. The owners made the weekend a great experience. We stayed for a friend's bachelorete party and the staff went above and beyond to make it fun. They brought us warm fresh baked cookies and greeted us with a glass of wine. They made sure we had everything we needed and helped arrange transportation.. Their friendly staff and fun decor made the stay a memorable one and I can't wait to go back again. It is not often that you find such hospitable staff and neat decor. It was truly a wonderful weekend.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 June 2010

The Motor Lodge exceeded every expectation I had, even after reading all of the great reviews and looking at all of the website pictures before I booked. Joe and Brian are the best. I felt like a guest in their home. I was there for work and after a long day arrived to check in with my parents and my sister. WOW!! The 2 bedroom apartment with kitchen, separate living area (with futon for more sleeping space) and GREAT front porch was perfect for us and we were ALL greeted with a nice large glass of wine. After unpacking we also were welcomed with warm chocolate chip cookies and lots of other surprises during our 4 night stay. The customer service markings for the Motor Lodge should be 10 instead of 5. These guys really know how to treat people. It's by far the best customer service I have experienced anywhere. It made our whole weekend and when leaving I even asked if I could move in. I looked in on almost every room and each one was unique and special in it's own way, it's hard to pick a favorite. Also, the High Speed Internet worked without a hitch. Reviewing my email at the end of the day, sitting outside on the porch with a glass of wine in the beautiful weather....where else can you do that? Enjoy your stay here, I am confident you will LOVE it as much as we did.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2010

As I write this, we still have another day to spend in Prescott. My son has been visiting Prescott College and I feel like we've happened onto a little slice of heaven. I agree with previous reviewer's about the hosts, Joe and Brian---they love what they do and it shows. I felt "at home" from the minute I entered the office door. Joe and Brian are very friendly and accommodating. These lovely cottages have been transformed to mid-century deco and are very comfortable and fun. They haven't skimped on the amenities and have most things available upon request(including hair dryers and ironing board/iron). My son asked about a tea kettle and we believe they gave us their own to use(great whistler). The kitchen was a pleasant surprise and very handy. The merchants around the square and beyond were very friendly and open to all my questions about the area. LOVE the "hometown" feel of this community. Whether my son chooses the college or not, I'll be back again. Thank you Joe and Brian-I feel I have 2 new friends.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2010

Joe & Brian are the owners and perfect hosts. They went above and beyond to ensure that our long weekend visit was as comfortable as possible. Even took us to into a couple of vacant rooms so we could try out different reading chairs. Moved chairs and ottomans (we read a lot) so we'd have the perfect set up.

The beds are very comfortable as are the pillows. Room has small fridge and each room is decorated uniquely - no cookie cutter sameness here. Towels are plush, amenities are quality. They have put thought and effort into decor, comfort and surroundings. They've even hung chandeliers in the garages (most rooms have a single car garage).

CYCLISTS! Super cyclist friendly. No problem keeping your bikes in the rooms. They have several beach cruiser type bicycles which they encourage guests to use - free! Joe even drove 30" each way to pick us up at the end of one of our bike rides (we brought our bikes) because we only wanted to do 30 miles and not the switchbacks!! Unbelievable!

Location is perfect. Can walk to nearby restaurants and shops. Although The Lodge itself is on a main thoroughfare, it's very quiet in the rooms. Each room is a separate (what was originally built as summer) cabin.

They have an awesome orange old Ford pick up truck (newly painted and refurbished) and will take you somewhere if you don't want to walk.

While they both were gracious and helpful, they were not intrusive in the least. Not only would I recommend staying here, we'll definitely be back. We feel like we've got 2 friends in Prescott now.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple