“The Motor Lodge Rocks!”

Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
USA
“The Motor Lodge Rocks!”
Reviewed 28 July 2010

We stayed at The Motor Lodge over the 4th of July week-end which was my birthday. I was fascinated by their web site and just had to stay there! The owners have restored a 40's-50's old style motor lodge in the most delightful way; each room is unique, with a combination of antique and hip furnishings certain to please the imagination. The owners are special themselves and go out of their way to make guests welcome. Each afternoon we were treated with fresh fruit and on a kayaking trip they packed watermellon for us to take. On the 4th, my birthday, we returned to find our room festooned with birthday decorations, including a cake! They even let us set off firecrackers that night.. Staying there was great fun and we highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Peoria, Arizona
Reviewed 18 July 2010

I have been a frequent visitor to the Motorlodge for the past year. I often had to attend colloquiums for my college in Prescott and chose the Motorlodge because of a freind's recommendation. During my first stay at the lodge, I actually came down with the stomach flu. The owners, Joe and Brian, were so wonderful! They checked on me, and brought me soup and 7-up! I couldn't have gotten better treatment! The California King sized bed was so comfortable. The rooms are clean and decorated in adorable retro deco. It is definitely not your usual 'cold' hotel atmosphere.

This past weekend my husband and I stayed at the lodge. I have raved constantly to my hubby about how wonderful this hotel is. I could tell he was skeptical, however it didn't take long to convince him after arriving. He too now loves the place!

Joe and Brian are happy to recommend great places to eat and things to do while in Prescott. The hotel is within walking distance of the square, or you can borrow one of the bikes provided, even a two seater! I find myself making excuses now to go to Prescott just to stay at "my hotel"!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Phoenix
Reviewed 30 June 2010

We stayed one night in the Motor Lodge. It was great, the room was small but very comfortable. The decor is interesting and artistic, you can tell the owner takes pride in making you comfortable, making sure each room is unique and the guests are appreciated. The sheets were crisp and white, the bed soft yet firm and the comforter was stylish and soft. The window cooler worked very well. The bathroom is really small and the shower was a like a huge downpour in a tiny water park but I got clean! The gentleman who showed us our room was very nice, had lots of information and suggestions about what to see or what road to take to see views, he even gave us a small jar of honey and cookies at checkout. If I ever go to Prescott again, I will be staying at the motor lodge!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2010

The room was great! Great decor and friendly staff. Thanks for making our trip to Prescott so nice. Mark

Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
York,Pa
Reviewed 28 June 2010

The accomodations were first rate! The service was over and above our expecatations. My husband and I were traveling with my 2 brothers and their wives. We booked the hotel over the internet sight unseen. We were so pleasantly surprised by the reception upon our arrival. The owners were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were charming. We really enjoyed the porch we had with our room, but each room had a wonderful outdoor seating so you do not have to sit in a closed up motel room by yourself. The atmosphere lent itself to visiting with others. I know if we are ever in Prescott again we won't miss the chance to stay there.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2010

I would reccomend this lodging to anyone. Raymond did an outstanding job of making us feel welcome. Had pleasant conversations with both he and Brian throughout our overnight stay. The owners should feel comfortable in knowing they have someone great to watch over their place in their absence. Great job Raymond!
Carrie from Phoenix

• Stayed June 2010
Reviewed 23 June 2010

After reading all the great reviews we were prepared to be disappointed. We weren't. The Motor Lodge is great. Our room was clean, comfortable (probably the most comfortable bed we've been in any motel or hotel) and perfectly located to provide easy access to the best that Prescott has to offer without being in the middle of it. The ambience was great and direct reflection of the owners, Brian and Joe. We've been in many budget motels and some really expensive hotels including presidention suites. But our new all time favorite is The Motor Lodge in Prescott, AZ!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple