“Beautiful restful”
Review of The Motor Lodge

The Motor Lodge
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Reviewed 21 January 2011

Awesome views, great rates, very satisfied!!! Wife and I will be going back again, thank you

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 January 2011

My family has had a home in Prescott for 35 years and I have watched the town change and grow for the better. I was so happy to see that the Motor Lodge was renovated with such careful detail to authenticity and beauty. The location is fantastic- you can pull your car in (some have rooms directly next to the parking space- perfect for road trips) and walk to town! I'm looking forward to booking rooms for my guests coming in to my wedding at the end of April. Just look for the gorgeous orange truck in the front. Maybe one of the owners will take you for a ride!

Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2011

My husband booked a room at The Motor Lodge for my birthday in October and I couldn't have asked for a better gift! When we arrived, he had already gotten the keys, and the gentleman in the office had put the flowers my husband had bought for me in the room. (I guess he also offered my husband a beer, which we thought was absolutely unique and wonderful!) The room was beautiful and so eclectic, the bed wonderfully comfortable and when we checked out, we got a bag of delicious and fresh cookies (which were gone before we even got out of town).

I cannot recommend The Motor Lodge enough for anyone who is visiting Prescott and wants a really unique, special, catered experience. Their location is wonderful (within a short walk to the Square but far enough away that you don't have the traffic or bar noises) and the people who run the place are great. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 December 2010

I love this little motor lodge! What a terrific find just 2 blocks off Courthouse Square in lovely and historic downtown Prescott, Az. The owners, Brian and Joe, have magically turned this hundred year old building into a hip, comfortable and affordable lodging destination. Upon entering the room known as "the apartment", we all squealed with delight that we could live there. The stylish 2 bedrooms, living room, kitchen and bath decorated in mid-century modern finds were all any of us would need. And I was not anxious to give up that wonderful bed with its luxurious bedding. The other enthusiastic reviews here are right on when raving about the hospitality Brian and Joe extend with their fresh baked cookies and glass of wine. Within walking distance of restaurants, historic saloons and more shops and antique stores than we had time to explore in 2 days, the Motor Lodge is truly a worthy destination for anywhere.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 December 2010

Prescott, Arizona is a pretty cool town. I went to school many moons ago in Tempe, AZ and had always liked this little city. Fond college memories of visits here in the past. It was nice to return for sure.

After checking out several places online and in-person literally breezing through Prescott last year, THE MOTOR LODGE proved to be the best imaginable place to stay to take advantage of all the town offers. I am glad we booked it.

My friend and I arrived from Santa Fe, NM after dining with friends in nearby Sedona. The hosts knew that we were going to be late arrivals, and we called the Motor Lodge as dinner was winding down in Sedona. We arrived a bit later.

After offering us a glass of complimentary wine, the hosts showed us to our room - "The Apartment." They recommended restaurants, scenic drives, antique-ing, and several watering holes on what they called Whiskey Row.

Our spacious room - rather ROOMS - were exceptionally clean and well-appointed. The apartment consisted of two bedrooms with ceiling fans, closets, and king-sized beds. A large living room with comfortable unusual furniture, reading material, and a big flat screen TV with cable. The kitchen had a full gas stove/oven, fridge, all necessary dishes, and a table and chairs. Really good coffees, teas, and cocoa were enjoyed both mornings. The bathroom had plenty of clean towels, good products to use and good lighting.

The next day, the hosts gave us a tour of the other rooms. This was after the all other guests had checked-out and they had been cleaned of course. Since we were staying two nights, we were able to see these rooms before the new arrvals came. All the rooms are markedly different from one another. Styles...art...color schemes. Many had fireplaces.

Next visit - SOON, I hope - we need to decide in which one to stay. Though...I still dream about the two amazing nights sleep I got while there. Totally deluxe linen, pillows, and comforters. Aaaaaahh...

We loved it and felt so very comfortable there. We both thought - and kept saying to one another - that we could LIVE there for sure. The town and especially this apartment ! Really.

Highly recommended by these frequent international travelers.

Truly a ten-out-of-TEN, this motor lodge. No complaints nor regrets. We look forward to a return.

Thanks guys.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed 9 December 2010

I can't explain how nice it was to stay at The Motor Lodge. The attention to details were bar none. It was so much fun to ask the owners about the rooms and hear how they updated these rooms. To check in with a complementary drink and then to leave with a bag of home made cookies...WOW! The bed was dE-lish due to the wonderful sheets (we asked where to purchase them and they are on order now!) We can't wait to come back for a longer stay and use the bicycles to cruise the town.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2010

To save everyone reading the same observations again, I'll just say "ditto" to every positive comment made and "no way" to any criticism!! But then consider this: our car breaks down in town on the morning we are set to leave.. We call AAA. We call the Motor Lodge to see if we can stay another night if we need to (we did, they accommodated us). Joe asks if he can drive over and give us a jump, which he does. Then when its obvious that the car is seriously ill, he waits with us until the tow truck comes, letting us know we're all set to stay another night. Who does that in this day and age? Thanks, Joe; thanks, Brian, thanks, Randy. We'll be back!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple