All reviewspeacock roomhistoric hotelpeacock restaurantoriginal elevatorprime riboperated elevatorwhiskey rowrooms are smallromance packagedowntown prescottcorner roommodern amenitiesbeautiful lobbyart decotown squarelike stepping back in timeking suite
Reviewed 19 October 2013

The hotel decor and atmosphere are historic and well maintained. The location can't be beat, near Whiskey Row, galleries and tourist amenities. But, the overall experience was less than advertised. The food at the hotel restaurant was over priced and average - I had the Chorizo Stuffed Pork Chops and my husband had the Prime Rib and while well prepared, just not special. Our server had no personality and never stayed long enough to find out if we were happy with our food. Thankfully the busser was there to refill our water glasses and bring us more bread. The bread was really good! Other disappointments included no on site parking, dirty towels in the bathroom, different items on the menu that did not match the room menu (really wanted the Halibut) and poor WiFi and no HBO. Nice, but just not quite what we were expecting.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Michael K, General Manager at Hassayampa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you for noting your experience regarding your stay at the Hassayampa Inn. I was sorry to discover that you were disappointed in some aspects of your stay. Your critical feedback helps us improve our service, so thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Our property has a designated parking area that is offered complimentary to each guest. I apologize if that information was not adequately explained during check-in. The Peacock Room often receives compliments about both the food and the service, so I was surprised by your disappointment. I hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Feel free to call me if you’d like to further discuss your experience.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

If you are looking for historic and charm - this is it. Our friends recommended the Hassayampa Inn saying it was the best in downtown Prescott. They were right. A great choice for a weekend get-a-way. Gorgeous lobby and the fire was a warm welcome on a chilly evening when we checked in. Everything is within walking distance - Whiskey Row - and fabulous restaurants, western shops and quaint cafes. Prescott is very dog friendly and this hotel welcomes small pets. We will absolutely stay here again!

Room Tip: Because we booked last minute, we stayed on the first floor near the lobby and couldn't believe how quiet it was at all times. The standard queen rooms are pretty small and have no fridge or microwave so if size is an issue, you should request a suite.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We are celebrating our one year anniversary and choose to stay here. We brought our dog. Love that it is a pet friendly hotel. The staff was welcoming and loved our dog. It is a beautiful historic hotel. It is right up the road from the busy downtown. Antique shops, restaurants, town square and the theater are in walking distance. I can't wait to visit and stay here again.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I understand this is a historic building in Prescott. My mother requested it for her birthday dinner. We went on a weekend for a very early dinner, so they were not busy. We ordered the mussels for an appetizer and they were delicious! There were 4 of us and I think we had the lamb, the sea bass, the mac & cheese dish, and a bean dish (forget what it was called). All the food was good, but the service was slow. My mother ordered coffee and they kept forgetting to bring it. We told the server it was my mother's 85th birthday, but they didn't offer a complimentary dessert. It was pretty pricey overall, so we didn't have any dessert. It was ok, but nothing I'd go out of my way for again.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We expanded our visit to good friends in Prescott by a day and spent the first night in the Hassayampa. My bride has been want to stay for years.
Great location. We were dropped off by Shuttle U after a 2 hour 15 minute ride from Phoenix airport. The four stairs from the street were a challenge with the bags. I could have come in through the garden and avoided it. The elevator to the 4th floor suite required a staff person to run it. We had a king suite. Walked across the street for a southwester dinner at Prescott Station Grill. Big fun. Comfortable bed. Woke to a stone clear day and room service coffee in the sitting room with a view of Thumb Butte. Nice breakfast in the hotel restaurant. One warning... This wouldn't be a good place for someone who couldn't walk up and down the stairs to the room.