All reviews peacock room historic hotel peacock restaurant original elevator prime rib operated elevator whiskey row rooms are small romance package downtown prescott corner room modern amenities art deco beautiful lobby town square like stepping back in time king suite
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We were decided to spoil ourselves and book this hotel on our drive through to Scottsdale. We weren't disappointed. This is a lovely old hotel with quaint rooms and a super comfy bed. The staff fell over themselves to assist us in any way they could. The old elevator can only be operated by a staff member, but we had no problems. There was always an eager, smiling face there when we needed to move our luggage upstairs. Everything in the room was clean and cosy. The hotel is only a short walk to Whiskey Row and shops. We ate dinner at the restaurant and thoroughly enjoyed it. Karen at the front desk happily took photo's of us in the beautiful old lobby before we left. Our stay was enjoyable and we would definately go back again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Soooo, the Motor Lodge on highway whatever is number ONE in Prescott? Don't believe everything you read, must be...” let’s stay here Ethel and hit the highway first thing in the morning”. Slow down, my friend, watch for the signs on that highway, its 1927 and all of it is preserved for you in the Hassayampa lobby and Peacock Restaurant.

The average rooms are apparently too small for comfort, BUT the room rates mid week are half the weekend rate. So corner suite, for us, on Monday at the same price as the average. They have not changed a thing at the Hassayampa Inn as whatever President, or whoever’s wife past through here, and bet my life the aforementioned did not say …let’s stay here Jackie and hit the highway first thing in the morning”.

PS I have found the TA does not like me explaining stays or joy in metaphor, and so I must swear to you that it has a 110 thread count and is 10 feet from the highway. Thank you.

Room Tip: 307 as best ai recall. Corner two rooms is the secret.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

If you're visiting Prescott for a weekend getaway in Arizona's territorial capital, the Hassayampa Inn is a great hotel to use as your base for exploring the area. This 1920s hotel has been beautifully preserved and restored over the years and sets the perfect tone for stepping back in time as you explore the nearby town square, Whiskey Row, local restaurants and breweries, antique shops and more - all of which can be found within walking distance of the hotel. The rooms at the Inn are on the small side but they are modern and very comfortable - and you should be out exploring, so who really needs an extra large room anyway? There is also a nice restaurant and bar in the hotel. The best features of this Prescott gem are its location, excellent customer service, well appointed rooms and historical significance.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Heather L
Reviewed 26 October 2013

For those travellers who appreciate a historical atmosphere in their lodgings this hotel was a delight. Built in a bygone era when space was available for a stunning entrance lobby plus grand piano, it felt like one was waiting for the Deadwood stage to draw up outside. I must admit that whilst gazing around the reception area I was heard to mutter, “So when does Calamity Jane arrive?” The very eager young receptionist was checking the booking references for me, before I could also enquire about Buffalo Bill.
Guests are not allowed to use the lift unaccompanied, but there was always a member of staff to help out. A few steep steps had to be scaled from the lobby area to the lift doors, so it proved a challenge for less nimble guests.
As we had booked a suite, we had loads of floor space in our rooms, and if one made allowances for the ugly addition of present day essentials – as in two TVs and a fridge – the feeling of bygone elegance prevailed. There were a few squeezy-shuffle corners where one could see how hard the planners had worked on changing the rooms for present day travel requirements. Shower room accessories were bang up to date and there was plenty of wardrobe space.
The restaurant off the lobby was easily accessible from the main street. Lovely setting for a special meal.
I loved it and found myself dreaming of how I would look in buckskin breeches (with fringes – of course). When we pass this way again my husband will be in trouble if we don’t stay here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My husband and I live in Carefee, AZ and decided to get out of town for the night. We ended up in Prescott, AZ at the historical hotel, Hassayampa Inn. What a wonderful surprise , it was so enjoyable. Once we arrived we could walk all around town and the Inn is right close to everything. The staff was so friendly, the rooms very, very clean, nice linens, great breakfast. We will be back....

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple