All reviewspeacock roomhistoric hotelpeacock restaurantoriginal elevatorprime riboperated elevatorwhiskey rowrooms are smallromance packagedowntown prescottcorner roommodern amenitiesbeautiful lobbyart decotown squarelike stepping back in timeking suite
Reviewed 19 August 2008

I am am at the Hassayampa Inn right now, enjoying my last hour here. I love this hotel. It is charming. The rooms are`small, but certainly adequate. I mean, how much time are you planning to stay in the room? I found the staff to be friendly and accommodating. In fact, they allowed us to check out late(thus my last hour at the hotel). Of course, the bathrooms were laughably small, but I expected that. The Peacock Room was lovely, food delicious, staff wonderful. The hotel is centrally located. All in all, a great experience.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
HassayampaInn, General Manager at Hassayampa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2008

Dear ArizonaBookwoman,

Thank you for recognizing the charm of the hotel and the efficiency of the staff. I will pass along your kind comments to them.

While a few of our rooms are small (13 of 67), I'm glad that you recognized that is an aspect of most any historic hotel and found that our other qualities out weighed that.

If your travel plans ever, once again, include the Prescott area, I urge you to contact me so I might personally attend to your reservations.

Cordially,

Tilden L. (Skip) Drinkard

Reviewed 19 August 2008

I stayed 1 night at the Hassayampa on August 15th, 2008. The room was very small and dirty. As small as the room was, the bathroom was even smaller. It was so small that the sink did not fit in the bathroom. It was next to the bed. To get to the shower, you had to stap over the toilot. No exaggeration. All of this would have been the charm of the old place if it was clean. The shelves holding the linens, etc were filthy with black dust. The carpet had a big stain that appeared to be where someone had left chewing gum. The fixtures in the room were old and non functional. Even the tv remote control had something gross on it. The ceiling above the shower had mold spots. The TV was worse than what I had as a teenager. All this for $150. I'd just assume stay in a newer place off the square and go to the Hassayampa for a meal. The food was worthwhile.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank Billyphx

Dear BillyPhx,

We were very concerned about your disatisfaction with your stay in August. Obviously we did not meet your standards or ours and for this we sincerely apologize.

We are a 3 Diamond AAA recommended hotel so our facilities, services and cleanliness has been certified as being at a high level. So it's a great disappointment that in your case we didn't live up to our reputation.

I trust that you can see by the other reviews that this is the rare exception and not the rule at our historic property.

I encourage you to contact me at the hotel so we can discuss this matter and how we can get you back as a satisfied customer.

Once again, our sincere apologies and here's hoping that we will hear from soon.

Tilden L. (Skip) Drinkard

Reviewed 24 June 2008

I like older hotels, so when I stay in Prescott (usually for business), the Hassayampa Inn is my first choice. For me, the experience of an older place, with some history and interesting architecture will beat out the newer chain hotels just about every time. This last visit was for a day of meetings, and I was truly impressed by the catering. The hotel provided several meals that were outstanding. I love the Hassayampa, and I'm sure I'll stay there again. That said, the Hassayampa will not be for everyone. Unlike many older properties, the Hassayampa Inn has not "modernized" the rooms much since the place was built, though the rooms are reasonably well furnished and comfortable. Sounds charming, but that means that the rooms are pretty small by contemporary standards and the bathrooms are like telephone booths. On my last stay, the bathroom door opened out, because there was simply no way it could have opened in, unless they removed the toilet. And you pretty much had to crawl over the toilet to get into the shower. For older travelers or anyone who doesn't get around too well, that could present a real difficulty. Also, while there is an elevator, it is staff operated, so people who have difficulty navigating the steep staircase might be inconvenienced a little. Of course, if you are staying in Prescott, you probably aren't in an enormous hurry to get somewhere, so maybe this isn't a big deal.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2008

I don't know why this hotel is not listed as number one. We've stayed at many places in Prescott and I have to say, be far, this is the best. It is a historical beautiful hotel downtown with a staff that catered to all our needs, we felt so pampered on our visit. There was three in our party, so we got the Spring special ($99.00 a night) for a queen and a king at ($139.00 a night.) These rates included a full breakfast off their menu. The bar and restaurant were also top notch, we even did their Tuesday night wine tasting which I was impressed. This is a sit down wine tasting in their lounge with white table clothes, appropriate wine tasting glasses and appetizers to compliment each wine. Being a snobby wine drinker from the California Bay Area I was a little reluctant to participate, however, this is worth doing if you are staying a Tuesday night. I know some of the reviewers were commenting on the small rooms, however, this is a historical hotel with charm, my husband and I had the King and my brother had the Queen, and the rooms were more than adequate for all of us. I loved their lobby, it was like sitting in a museum with this wonderful music. Thank you Hassayampa, we love Prescott and have finally found our destination hotel.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2008

Arrived in Prescott at 5 or 6 pm, and fell for this inn. Good rate, $103, including a nice big breakfast. I really enjoyed the central location. The rooms are OK, but nothing to write home about.

• Stayed: May 2008