All reviewspeacock roomhistoric hotelpeacock restaurantoriginal elevatorprime riboperated elevatorwhiskey rowrooms are smallromance packagedowntown prescottcorner roommodern amenitiesbeautiful lobbyart decotown squarelike stepping back in timeking suite
Reviewed 16 October 2017

I love old hotels and was looking forward to spending a night in this historical hotel while in town for a wedding. We appreciated being able to check in a little early before the ceremony. The check-in staff was outstandingly friendly and helpful. Our room was on the third floor, so taking our things up one flight of stairs was not a problem. Our room was adequate, but very tiny. We found ourselves bumping into each other and there is only one hardback chair for seating. I appreciated the charm and history of the hotel and I'm glad I had a chance to experience it.

The worst part of our stay was that the walls are VERY thin. I could hear the guy next door snoring the entire night, even using our white noise app! Then at 6:30 a.m., he and his companion decide to have some romantic fun. I could hear everything! It was horrible night's sleep, to say the least. The check out left much to be desired. A trainee handled the transaction and she didn't bother to smile or ask if I enjoyed my stay. It is doubtful that we will stay in the hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Michael K, General Manager at Hassayampa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Hello Bannda,
Please accept my sincere apologies regarding the issues you are explaining in your post. Our front desk supervisor, Karen Graham is wishing to speak with you so she can personally apologize for our new trainee's behavior. If you would please contact her.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

When compared to a tent in the desert, Hassayampa Inn is a 5 star hotel. But, when compared to any 5 star hotel, this place is 2.5. I can't even get to 3. It's very nice to admire the historic atmosphere and perhaps a good location for a wedding but, if you want modern amenities, go elsewhere. The elevator is, apparently, the original 1927 elevator which requires an elevator operator. To use the elevator, one must contact the front desk so an employee operate it (and there is only one elevator). During the day time, I found it impossible (as did others) to get the elevator because it is in use by housekeeping. When it came to check out, I had to carry my bags to the lobby from the third floor because I could not get an operator. I estimate that my room was less then 200 sq. feet; had no desk; and, only one tiny chair to sit. The tub/shower combination was so narrow, when facing the shower head, my arms were touching the wall and the shower curtain. The carpet in my room was almost completely worn-out and the air conditioner was so noisy, it sounded like I was near a car wash blow dryer. I had to turn it off to hear the television or sleep. I was above the main street (Gurley Street) and by 5:30 a.m., trucks started roaring by the hotel making it impossible to sleep (apparently no modern sound-proofing). And, one can easily hear the floor creaking as people moved across the room above me. Unless you really, really must have a nostalgic experience, don't stay overnight at the Hassayampa Inn. They won't be hosting me again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank John S
Michael K, General Manager at Hassayampa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Hello John,
We are very sorry to hear you didn't enjoy our hotel as most do. We are also sorry we won't be hosting you again and wish you the best as it appears we are not the property for you.
Please take care

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Built in 1927 and refurbished to satisfy modern desires, a fun place to stay. Some rooms are small but provide a private bath, flat screen TV and free wireless internet. Restaurant and Bar on the main floor are both very good. Only two blocks from historic "Whiskey Row" in downtown Prescott. Friendly staff there to help. We had a large group booking 40+ rooms for three nights. Accommodated our needs by opening the restaurant one half hour early on two mornings. If you want a place that preserves its history without sacrificing modern amenities, this is the place.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Hello Jim,
Thanks so much for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to any future stays.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

Travelers, this classic hotel is outstanding, near Whiskey Row! You can't go wrong with the Hassayampa Inn, it is such a classy old hotel! The staff is outstanding and so are the rooms! Not far from Whiskey Row and the town square, very cool!

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Michael K, General Manager at Hassayampa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Hello Redford,
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We appreciate hearing how your stay was. I am very pleased to see you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel and Prescott as well. We look forward to any future visits!

Reviewed 2 October 2017

We stayed in Room 409, a great corner room, looking West and North!
This is our fourth stay! We love this old hotel, well kept and always refreshing.
Great location to walk around downtown.

Had both dinner and breakfast at the hotel. Both meals outstanding!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Michael K, General Manager at Hassayampa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel! We enjoy hearing feedback from seasoned guests. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you for future visits.