“Ready to Go Back”

Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Tucson, Arizona
“Ready to Go Back”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

If you want luxury or a mini gym, go elsewhere but if you are looking for a great location and your own outdoor walking gym St. Michael's Hotel is it. The queen room nor the bathroom are large but the ambiance of this historic (1901) hotel and the very comfortable bed made up for that. What topped off our stay was the very professional and super friendly and helpful staff at the front desk. Because of a disability we were helped in and out of the hotel. A full breakfast comes with the room or a credit for a different choice on the menu is available at the Bistro on the premises. We found the Bistro staff also efficient and friendly to all. Because we knew some of the rooms facing Whiskey Row could be noisy we elected an inner room and had no noise at all. Customer care from the great front desk staff, Regina and David, and others plus the Bistro staff definitely motivated us to stay at St. Michael's whenever we are in Prescott. Thanks to everyone!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 21 March 2014

The Hotel St. Michael is an older hotel, but it's well maintained. I had a king room overlooking Gurley, one of the main streets. My first night was on St. Patrick's Day, so facing Gurley I heard every scream, shout, and laugh. Luckily the next day was a non holiday day, everything was quiet. The king bed was comfortable and there was a flat screen TV with many channels. The bathroom while old and was spotless. Had a shower/tub combo. My price included breakfast each morning. Great breakfast with choice of eggs, meats, breads, potatoes, fruit, and coffee all included. The hotel restaurant also serves the public and there were a lot of locals eating there each morning for breakfast. The front desk staff was great arranging for taxis and recommending restaurants. The hotel is in the center of everything, a great place to stay in the Historic District.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank John C
Pioneertown, California
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Right in the center of town on Whiskey Row so it was a little noisy with drunks on the street even though we were on the third floor. Room was really comfortable and spotlessly clean but I wouldn't have wanted to escape the hotel in a fire wearing one of the teeny bath towels. Staff were very friendly.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
El Mirage, Arizona
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My boyfriend and I decided to get a hotel for the weekend, in Prescott, and we chose Hotel St. Michael! We couldn't have stayed at a better hotel! We were greeted by friendly staff, and a complimentary bottle of champagne and glasses, for a Valentine's Day gift. Hotel was right in the middle of everything you could need, restaurants, shops, bars, ect. Everything was very clean and comfortable! We received a complimentary breakfast as well. It was fresh cooked, not just hard bagels and dry cereal, like most places. The wait staff in the restaurant was very friendly as well. The price was very reasonable also! Most of the weekend, it was just the two of us. The last day, my 5 year old joined us as well and loved the experience!!! We will definitely be staying here again!!

Room Tip: If you are looking for a more quiet experience, as for a room that does not line up to the saloon :]
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MissRialedUp
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed 17 February 2014

If you are looking for a four seasons experience go somewhere else. This hotel has an extremely friendly staff and for a hundred year old building, great amenities. The bistro downstairs serves a great breakfast. The rooms are perfect for sleeping, showering, and preparing to experience the old western feel of Prescott.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank tcampbellaz
Canyon Lake, California
Reviewed 3 February 2014

January 25, 2014.....My husband and I and another couple decided to "consider" staying in a VERY old hotel in Prescott located right on Whisky Row. I was concerned about staying in such an old place because I was afraid it would be negative in many ways. We all found exactly the opposite. SPOTELESSLY CLEAN, very friendly, helpful staff, quaint atmosphere, comfortable room with soooo much charm and history. The breakfast was fabulous too and the personnel all friendly and excellent. I left my IPad in the room and when I discovered the mistake we were over 200 miles away. I called the hotel, they found it and immediately shipped it to me in California so I received it shortly after our trip to Arizona. We will all go back to Hotel St Michael. Good memory!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jan W
San Tan Valley
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We decided to go away for the weekend and booked a room at the St Michael's hotel in Prescott. It was fantastic. It's an older hotel but very nice and has a lot of character of it's own. I love the old elevator they have. The staff was so friendly and helpful. The Bistro restaurant has great food and breakfast. we read some of the other reviews and I would rate this nothing more than a 5. Location and character. We will stay here again. Just remember that if you don't like an older hotel with character and location to everything then this is not the place for you. But if you like location, great parking, good food and great staff then this is the place for you. If you need something just ask the front desk and they will help you in anyway they can...I love this place. Thanks St Michaels for a fantastic weekend.

Room Tip: We just had an average room and it was great. It had a queen size bed and was very comfortable. I wo...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple