“Worst hotel on Vacation”
Review of Hotel St. Michael

Hotel St. Michael
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
A TripAdvisor Member
“Worst hotel on Vacation”
Reviewed 26 May 2006

Everything in this hotel was crummy from the blue shag carpet to the peeling wallpaper to the hole in the wall to the thin mattresses dating back to the 1900's. We needed a hair dryer and the staff were "unable" to bring it to us, we were told to walk down to the lobby to pick it up. The elevator was out of service our entire stay and we had to lug our luggage all the way up to the top floor without any assistance from the staff. The cleaning lady actually laughed at us and said we should ask for a discount. Great help she was! Forgot to mention the mismatched old furniture and the metal TV stand and TV dating back to the 1960's. In summary the hotel was dramatically out of date and due for remodeling appx. 50 years ago.

• Stayed May 2006
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 8 May 2006

An old hotel located in the heart of Prescott. No, it's not the Ritz. Beds are a tad soft, carpet is old and dingy (but clean), but the rooms are cheap and bright, and the location is great.

Enjoyed my stay there and would stay again.

• Stayed May 2006
4 Thank Snowdog999
Reviewed 4 February 2006

My husband and I recently took a trip to various sites in Arizona and we just sort of landed in Prescott by way of Jerome, not an intended stop on our trip. We were so glad for mishap. The town is so charming and historic just like the hotel and its very charming Bistro serving delicious food. The staff was friendly and gave us very good reccomendations as what to see and do. The rooms were clean, a little dated, but that is part of the charm. The location is the best in town. Right on the town square surrounded by great shopping, eating and live entertainment. Too much fun. We will return to Prescott and the St. Michael and by the way for those of you who read all of the other comments,as I did, we had a very comfortable bed!

• Stayed January 2006
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 December 2005

I just moved to Arizona from Virginia and my job has me doing a couple of overnights a month in the beautiful city of Prescott. I searched online to find a reasonably priced hotel in the heart of Old Town and came up short until a friend suggested the Hotel St. Michael on 205 W. Gurley. This place is amazing. Not only is the staff so friendly and helpful, but the rooms and the building itself take you back to the days when this was a true miner's town. You're right on Whiskey Row overlooking the town square and you get a delicious made to order breakfast that is included in the price of your room. Best of all, you can get to so many fabulous restaurants and shops without having to get into your car. Oh, and did I mention parking is free too.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 December 2005

My daughter was married in the Crystal Ballroom of the Hotel St. Michael on Thanksgiving weekend. The staff was absolutely wonderful! We were particularly impressed by Larry, the banquet manager. He was constantly checking with us to see if there was anything we needed or anything he could do for us. He was very attentive and went way beyond the call of duty.

Lots of people complain about the oldness of the rooms, i.e., peeling wallpaper, etc., but I think it adds to the ambiance. The rooms were clean and comfortable.

If you have an event to hold, I would highly recommend the St. Michael, as the staff is great and the Ballroom is beautiful! Thank you for helping me give my daughter a beautiful wedding!!

• Stayed November 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 November 2005

My boyfriend and I were spending the Thanksgiving holiday at the Prescott Resort, which was a big disappointment, but fortunately there was a king-size room available at the Hotel St. Michael.
We accidently stumbled upon the hotel and were given a nice rate for a last-minute booking and two coupons of $5 each toward a meal at the hotel's cafe. My boyfriend and I ate breakfast and Thanksgiving dinner at the cafe and the food was excellent.
The location of the hotel is at the heart of all the downtown activity, which allowed us to walk about to the various attractions.
The room was quaint and clean.
Don't expect a lot of amentities like a small refrigerator, blow dryer or alarm clock. Other drawbacks included lack of outlets to plug in items (only one outlet for the a/c)and dim lighting, but we were warned beforehand by the clerk that the hotel was not "modernized." The television, however, offered HBO, which the Prescott Resort did not.
The staff was attentive and addressed a particular concern of ours immediately. Next trip to Prescott, we will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Standish Me
Reviewed 23 October 2005

We made reservations here and when we arrived and went to our room we were in shock...it looked like the mattress was from 1900 as well as the comforter and the carpet had holes and the ceiling was falling apart and the TV was from another era...A REAL DUMP!!!!!!!.....WE LEFT AND STAYED AT THE HAMPTON INN AND THIS WAS FINE...I AM STILL WAITNG TO GET MY MONEY CREDITED BACK...STAY AWAY

• Stayed October 2005