“Excellent dining experience”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Ate dinner here a few days ago. As soon as you sit down you're served a small bowl of very good minnestrone - a nice touch. Pasta dishes were great. I had a spicy mussel pasta - not a small feat for middle of Arizona. Nice wine selection. Prices were fair. There were many more items I'd have liked to have tried if we were there longer. Will return

There are newer reviews for Papa's Italian Restaurant

Reviewed 5 November 2013

I'm always skeptical walking into an Italian restaurant outside of a major city or area know for its Italian heritage. For that reason, my dinner at Papa's was a pleasant surprise. There are several authentic pasta dishes to choose from - I had the Pasta Aglio E Oglio which was served as a relatively large portion that I didn't think I could finish, but I did, because I just couldn't stop. They also have a lovely Italian wine selection to choose from - I enjoyed the Barbera option. But the highlight of this meal was definitely the dessert. My first choice was the cannoli, which unfortunately they had run out of as we were one of the last tables at that night's service, but that led to the insanely awesome second option of cannoli CAKE. Oh my. I'm not sure I'll ever recover (but, as great as the entire meal was, I'll definitely go back again just for that).

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Some of the best pizza EVER. We ordered a thincrust large pizza and ended up taking at least 1/2 of it back to our hotel. They put more toppings on than I have ever seen. It was delicious - even the leftovers on day 2 and 3. :-)

We went here upon recommendation from Kim at The Motor Lodge. We didn't have reservations and were seated immediately. The restaurant looks small from the street - but, when you go inside it goes on and on and on. We were seated in the very back room which had primarily large tables (8 tops) and were occupied by groups of retiree couples. It was fine - made us both think Prescott would be a great place to retire. There are other areas of the restaurant that would be much more romantic. My suggestion - make a reservation for one of those areas if you want some ambiance.

Before pizza were were served with some yummy bread. They have a decent wine selection and the waiter was very knowledgeable and helpful. He was able to handle the whole room of large tables by himself without getting frazzled or dropping service levels. Looking at receipt - looks like it was Frank A. - Go Frank!

Our total bill (before tip) was $29.53 - large pizza and two glasses of wine...maybe 3?
Good stuff. Would go back and I recommend with confidence!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

we walked by the first night we got to town :-) and we completely delighted!
we didn't have a reservation but were seated quickly in spite of that.
the food was completely amazing!! we were treated to a bowl of the house minestrone at no charge, the food portions are huge!!! did i mention they're huge?!
the antipasto salad was beyond tasty, the special of the night- the rosemary provolone ravioli- was one of the tastiest treats i've ever had :-)
just know that when you come, soup, antipasto salad, and the rosemary garlic bread is a huge amount of food :-) and the entrees are so huge you can share!!!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stayed in town recently and just happened upon Papa's while on a walk. A couple coming out of the restaurant noticed me looking at the menu on the window and commented that they had great food and I should try it. So I ventured inside and was greeted by a friendly hostess. I looked around and could see that they were very busy with no open tables in sight. She did however find me a table near the small but well stocked bar towards the rear of the establishment which was just fine with me. The server in that area also doubled as the bartender and he came over immediately and introduced himself as Lee. He suggested what turned out to be a very good Italian white wine and went back to the bar to pour. As I was considering my good fortune to happen upon such a friendly place, suddenly a basket of warm, delicious smelling crusty bread appeared, as if by magic! . . .As my senses recovered it turned out that my delightful bounty had been delivered by a very helpful server named Laura. Then my glass of chilled wine appeared next and I was in a very happy place. All this occurred after only 5 minutes had elapsed since my arrival ! . . .Amazing service indeed ! . . .I ordered the chicken Caesar salad, which was scrumptious and the portion so large that I had to take almost half of it home. I must admit that I have never met a Caesar salad before I couldn't finish.
As I sat at my table I couldn't help but notice that the other servers were all as friendly and helpful as my Lee and Laura. I thought to myself that it is rare to get this kind of customer service at a 5 star restaurant, let alone a small local dining establishment in a small Northern Arizona town. I made it a point to find the owner, Andrea, and commend her on her wonderful restaurant and the amazing customer service culture she had cultivated and instilled in her employees.
But wait ! . . .just when you thought I was through, it gets even better ! . . .Before I left town I had to visit Papa's one more time. I was even more impressed than my first visit ! . . .As I walked through the door I noticed the owner, Andrea, was filling in as hostess that moment. She recognized me and showed me to my favorite table near the bar at my request. As I walked up I saw the bartender, Lee, who greeted me by name and offered to pour me a glass of the wine I had enjoyed on my last visit. Wow . . .I love it when someone remembers my name ! . . .And what I drink . . .My basket of warm bread appeared almost immediately ! . . . again by the ever friendly Laura . . . Not only are the employees at Papa's delivering world class customer service, they are doing it Consistently ! . . .I tip my hat to them . . .great food . . .great service . . .GREAT PEOPLE !! . . . .