“Awesome!”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Port Hueneme, California
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

The food and service are both excellent! I was disappointed that I didn't get to visit there this visit but will make a point of going again the next time I am in Prescott.

Visited July 2013

Tucson
“Excellent dining experience”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Ate dinner here a few days ago. As soon as you sit down you're served a small bowl of very good minnestrone - a nice touch. Pasta dishes were great. I had a spicy mussel pasta - not a small feat for middle of Arizona. Nice wine selection. Prices were fair. There were many more items I'd have liked to have tried if we were there longer. Will return

• Visited November 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Yes, good Italian can be found in rural Arizona”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I'm always skeptical walking into an Italian restaurant outside of a major city or area know for its Italian heritage. For that reason, my dinner at Papa's was a pleasant surprise. There are several authentic pasta dishes to choose from - I had the Pasta Aglio E Oglio which was served as a relatively large portion that I didn't think I could finish, but I did, because I just couldn't stop. They also have a lovely Italian wine selection to choose from - I enjoyed the Barbera option. But the highlight of this meal was definitely the dessert. My first choice was the cannoli, which unfortunately they had run out of as we were one of the last tables at that night's service, but that led to the insanely awesome second option of cannoli CAKE. Oh my. I'm not sure I'll ever recover (but, as great as the entire meal was, I'll definitely go back again just for that).

Columbus, TX
“Incredible pizza and excellent service”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Some of the best pizza EVER. We ordered a thincrust large pizza and ended up taking at least 1/2 of it back to our hotel. They put more toppings on than I have ever seen. It was delicious - even the leftovers on day 2 and 3. :-)

We went here upon recommendation from Kim at The Motor Lodge. We didn't have reservations and were seated immediately. The restaurant looks small from the street - but, when you go inside it goes on and on and on. We were seated in the very back room which had primarily large tables (8 tops) and were occupied by groups of retiree couples. It was fine - made us both think Prescott would be a great place to retire. There are other areas of the restaurant that would be much more romantic. My suggestion - make a reservation for one of those areas if you want some ambiance.

Before pizza were were served with some yummy bread. They have a decent wine selection and the waiter was very knowledgeable and helpful. He was able to handle the whole room of large tables by himself without getting frazzled or dropping service levels. Looking at receipt - looks like it was Frank A. - Go Frank!

Our total bill (before tip) was $29.53 - large pizza and two glasses of wine...maybe 3?
Good stuff. Would go back and I recommend with confidence!

Caldwell, Idaho, United States
“OMGosh what a treat!!”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

we walked by the first night we got to town :-) and we completely delighted!
we didn't have a reservation but were seated quickly in spite of that.
the food was completely amazing!! we were treated to a bowl of the house minestrone at no charge, the food portions are huge!!! did i mention they're huge?!
the antipasto salad was beyond tasty, the special of the night- the rosemary provolone ravioli- was one of the tastiest treats i've ever had :-)
just know that when you come, soup, antipasto salad, and the rosemary garlic bread is a huge amount of food :-) and the entrees are so huge you can share!!!