“Fine Italian food, always good service, very reasonably priced”
Review of Genovese's

Genovese's
Ranked #27 of 226 Restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I have always enjoyed the food and service at Genovese's, and my most recent visit was a lovely reminder of how friendly and helpful the staff are. I was on my own since my husband was out of town, but I felt right at ease. The angel hair pasta and meat sauce were delicious - their meat sauce is the best in town IMHO. I have my share of food sensitivities, making it necessary for me to avoid all cheese, but the waitress was so helpful, suggesting bread without the usual garlic and cheese, It was hot and tasted freshly baked, and my salad was also prepared without the usual cheese. I appreciate a restaurant that can accommodate my limitations, as the folks at Genovese's do so graciously. The friendliness of a family run place is lovely to find nowadays. And to top it off, the bill was super reasonable. This was my first time in on my own, and now I know where I can feel at home and have a great meal. And yes, that go box make a great lunch the next day. Two good meals for a fraction of what I would pay at any of the dining rooms that pride themselves on being upscale. Genovese's remains a favorite, high on my list.

I love the cloth napkins and the attentive service, the classic Italian restaurant ambience, from painted grape vines to twinkling lights across the ceiling. I could pay a lot more and enjoy my meal a lot less elsewhere, but why would I?

1  Thank Truly B

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I just ran across this place today looking for dinner before a business meeting. I was welcomed by a friendly server and he took care of me throughout the meal very well. The caprese salad was wonderful. The tomatoes were ripe and the cheese was fresh without being overpowered by the balsamic. I could have just had a meal of that alone. I got a cup of soup with my "early bird" meal, which was minestrone. Hot and full of flavor. I then ordered the Chicken Alba. I had no idea the "smaller" early bird portion would be so big. The chicken was tender and the flavor of the sauce with the mushrooms, artichoke hearts and capers made me want to hurt myself in trying to finish the whole thing. I did stop and took probably half of my entree home. I took a tiramisu to go for my wife. When I got it home, it was also wonderful and a perfect wrap up (she had to put up with hearing me rave about the food). I am telling anyone I know to stop here when in Prescott. It is high quality and I would have no worries bringing clients here.

2  Thank Brandon K
Reviewed 2 February 2014

This is right around the corner from Whiskey Row and a real charmer. We popped in here after shopping and it was a perfect break. Our server was great and the food was excellent. Top it off with a glass of wine and what else can you ask for? Beautiful location - great food - LOVED IT!

2  Thank Martha S
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

First time at Genovese's yummy smells...was well greeted at the door by the sweetest woman Donna! Servers and service top notch! If I need anything they were continually checking! The food out of this world! I got a salad with caesar so good I used the garlic bread to clean up the plate! I orderd jumbo stuffed shells they literally melt in your mouth! They are over suffed it's a good amount of food. I wanted to try a wine with my meal and Donna suggest a wonderful red wine. Went perfect with my meal! Plus the music was amazing thank you Paul live music so relaxing just puts you in the perfect mood! Atmosphere was like family feel the good vibe there ! Price is right! I left super full with some left overs and feeling like I just made some good friends ! Was invited to stay and relax and enjoy the music !Couldn't of been any better! Will be back soon!

1  Thank Shellybelly_13
Reviewed 1 January 2014

They have an early bird 7 days a week - the food is reliable - some recipes are unique - plus they have cloth napkins - which the other 2 local Italian restaurants do not have - it can get busy but it is never too noisy - we go back again and again

1  Thank lizalewis