“A safe Italian option”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Genovese's is not going to wow anyone's taste buds for excellent Italian dining, but it is a safe option for those who want a nice dining experience right off the square in Prescott.
Our party ate different items: the pizza was made to order, cut as my husband requested, and had a good crispy crust that adequately survived the leftovers' trip back to Phoenix. My chicken was flavorful, but I wished the accompanying pasta had been listed on the menu. I would have asked for a side of sautéed vegetables, which may or may not even be an option; the pasta was good, but it really needs to be listed on the menu. If I were lactose intolerant, I would not have appreciated ordering a dairy-free entree and then receiving a pasta side dish with Alfredo sauce. Our friend had the eggplant Parmesan; it was good, she reported, but the skin had been left on the eggplant--something not everyone appreciates.
The accompanying minestrone, calabrese salad, and side salad were fine, but nothing out of the ordinary. I do think some people would appreciate having the fresh mozzarella in the calabrese salad at room temperature and not ice cold, but that may be a personal preference.
I will say that our waiter was excellent--very attentive with the refilling of water glasses and most worthy of a generous tip!
If you are on or close to the square, give Genovese's a try. You will have a pretty decent meal (the menu is huge!) in a nice, quiet setting.
AND, it's not on any menu we saw, but they do have a full bar--I guess you have to ask, as we were presented with a wine, beer, and liqueur menu, but no mention of other alcoholic offerings. Given that liquor is a money-maker for most restaurants, this seems to be something the owners might want to correct.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

The brothy linguini sauce is truly spectacular. I highly recommend the rosemary ranch dressing for your salad. The marsala sauce is pretty amazing. The service is so friendly. You'll love Jimmy and the crew.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We had lunch here and it was fine. Salads were simple and very fresh and the bread was really quite good. Next time I might ask for dressing on the side. I had eggplant parm and my friend had lasagna. Both were good and I appreciated the fact that the eggplant was not overly breaded. The pasta that came with the eggplant was nicely cooked, though the sauce was a bit watery.

The location is nice, convenient to Courthouse Square. Ambiance, Italian concept, a dab over the top. We would go there again, but I'm still searching for a truly excellent Italian restaurant in Prescott. Am I asking too much?

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We were here tonight for one of our last few days in AZ. The location was perfect... Just a short walk from the courthouse area. We had great service. My husband ordered the diavalo seafood dish and enjoyed it. My veal parmigiana was just okay. Could be just a matter of choices. The portions were very large and could easily be shared.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Early bird special was great, 3:30 to 5:00 PM. The prices are less then on the main menu and you get a lot to eat

Been to Genovese's? Share your experiences!