“BEST EVER REUBEN!!!”

Speed's Hangar Deli
Ranked #105 of 223 Restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Description: 928-759-7253 http://www.azcentral.com/travel/articles/2010/09/03/20100903arizona-restaurants-sandwiches.html
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I visited ERAU the other week. After the tour I asked for a recommendation for a local eatery. The Admissions/Registration person at ERAU said Speed's. This little deli is nothing fancy but one can get caught up looking at all the military pictures hanging all over the place. My girlfriend ordered the Hellcat with out any condiments. I ordered the Stutka (Reuben) with pastrami ... OH MAN this sandwich was the BEST EVER Reuben that I've ever eaten. The kraut was wonderful. My girfriend tried a few bites as well and agreed! This sandwich is a MONSTER loaded with pastrami and kraut. I will return!!! The deli was showing old 80s movies and the ERAU students were actually enjoying them. Military and aviation buffs will really enjoy this place. Also all the sandwiches are mostly named after WW II aircraft.

There are newer reviews for Speed's Hangar Deli

Reviewed 7 October 2013

You will never look at Subway, Quizno's, or any of the likes after heading to Speed's...

Great food. Yes, you do pay a little more, but the portions they give you make it so that you can have two meals. That and the cuts of meat and cheeses are high quality.

This is the kind of restaurant DDD or any other kind of food show would want to stop by because of its uniqueness.

With ERAU next door the place is frequented by students, especially given the aviation and military decor.

Make the drive, have the meal, then get back on here and tell everyone just what I said!

2  Thank TheTangoFox
Reviewed 27 February 2013

We my wife and I, loved the food. There was so much in the sandwich, it was huge. We go back often. We definitely would recommend this deli to anyone and everyone. I even go and get sandwiches from here for all my co-workers often because they all love it too.

2  Thank DoyleRules200
Reviewed 14 October 2012

We were in town visiting our son who attends ERAU, he recommended this place as we were looking for a good sandwich for lunch. He had not yet eaten here but was told by other students how good this place is. Boy were they right, great sandwiches! I love the whole "millitary" theme to the place and the service was great. There is nothing like a fresh deli sandwich. The sandwiches are huge so bring an empty stomach you may even want to share a sandwich. I know the next time we come back for a visit we will come back for a great sandwich. My son will probably be coming here on a regular basis as this place is very close to his school.

2  Thank Newport_Bound
Reviewed 5 February 2012

I really enjoyed having the turkey sandwich here years back, but for those who are more health conscious (such as myself these days), refrain from eating here. The food is piled high with numerous types of meat, cheese, onions and other condiments. They then grill the sandwich in a frying pan in butter and serve it saturated in its own juices. It was tasty, so best to eat it there than take it home since the bread becomes so soggy! For those who aren't as concerned about what goes into their gut, check it out because it is pretty darn good.

2  Thank TravelingLady86