“Darlene is a walking "campfire" ghost storyteller!”

A Haunting Experience Tours
Ranked #1 of 8 Tours in Prescott
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Prescott, Arizona is an "Old West" city with a diverse history full of legend and lore. Tours start at 7:00pm, Firday, Saturday and Sunday nights. RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED Join us as we stroll the streets of downtown Prescott, visiting some of its most storied - and haunted - sites. Our tour begins at a haunted hotel and ends at a haunted saloon. We provide quality tours that blend local legend, history and ghost stories. Come along on the adventure, walk with us back in time and greet some of the ghosts that linger here. This is a 2 hour walking tour, so wear comfortable shoes, bring water, and dress appropriately for the weather. Cameras are encouraged, as some have actually captured ghostly phenomena.
Reviewed 7 September 2015

Prescott has such a rich history as the Arizona Territory Capital in 1864. All of the iconic western legends from Wyatt Earp, Doc Holliday and Billy the Kid, could be found there as more modern luminaries, such as Sen. Barry Goldwater. There are so many stories to be told, including the tragedies of untimely deaths and deaths on a date certain (hangings). Not only has Darlene researched Prescott's rich history, she has also revealed evidence of paranormal activities (ghost sightings) found in its classic hotels, bars, theaters and halls of justice. The walking tour was fascinating and entertaining. I won't spoil the drama, but we did see "orbs" that were consistent with the stories she told. Whether or not you are a "believer," it was a real treat...don't miss this one!

Darlene W, Owner at A Haunting Experience Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2015

Thank you for your comments and for doing the tour. I'm so glad you and your family had a good time and enjoyed all the history and ghost stories. I love this town and love sharing the tales of the old west.

Reviewed 7 September 2015 via mobile

We were lucky and had Darlene all to ourselves on a beautiful night so we covered a lot of areas and got to hear some great stories and visit some interesting places. Darlene is working hard to know everything there is to know about the area and shares her stories with great passion. Worth taking this tour

Thank you for your comments. It was a perfect night and I so enjoy the smaller, intimate tours. We get to discuss more than the bigger tours and I get to answer all your questions. I had a great time and so appreciate you all doing my tour.

Reviewed 15 August 2015

Darlene's Haunting Experience Tours is very fun and informative and ours started at the Hotel Vendome. As most have stated it's about an hour plus walking tour with sitting breaks as needed. I can only imagine how fun this tour will be in October!!! Book it early if coming to Prescott in October!

1  Thank Russ J
Darlene W, Owner at A Haunting Experience Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2015

Russ, thank you so much for the great review. I'm so glad you enjoyed the tour and learned something new about this amazing old west town. I so enjoy sharing the stories of the past and, specially the ghost stories. Thank you for doing my tour.

Reviewed 4 August 2015

Darlene is very friendly, and quite knowledgable about local history, as well as haunted buildings. My husband and I enjoyed this walking tour very much. Highly recommended!

1  Thank Betty M
Darlene W, Owner at A Haunting Experience Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2015

Betty, thank you and your husband for doing the tour. I love sharing the haunted as well as the historical stories of this amazing town. I'm so glad you both enjoyed yourself and learned something new and different. Thank you again for doing the tour.