“Traditional AZ Mex....yummm!”

Casa Alvarez
Ranked #45 of 226 Restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We had dinner at Casa Alvarez and we were not disappointed. It reminded us of the old time AZ Mex restaurants we used to love in Northern AZ 30 something years ago. We love that old time, nothing fancy, but very homey vibe. Unfortunately, the weather was a little too cool to enjoy dinner outside, but the creek side location is very pleasing. On the street parking was easy to find. Our server did an excellent job and the owner was omnipresent in the room making sure that everyone was pleased. Both of the salsas served with the chips are great. Loved the texture of the red. Salads were big crisp, and had good dressing on the side. We each had a different entrée and both were very good. We also took home some extras from my dinner. We will definitely eat there again.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

You can't really get good Mexican food in Virginia, where I live. I found this place after hiking Thumb Butte and decided to give it a try.

I was greeted immediately and the staff was very friendly. The only complaint I had, which is very minor, is that my meal was brought out about 2 minutes after my soup appetizer. I would have preferred to have a few more minutes to eat my soup before my meal was brought out. That was a minor issue, though.

I ordered the Chili Verde, one of my favorite Mexican dishes, and this was the best Chili Verde I've ever had. It was so flavorful, the pork was so tender and the amount of food I was given was more than enough. If I make it back to the Prescott area I will certainly be back!

Reviewed 12 March 2014

This is a great Mexican restaurant located on W Gurley St. in Prescott, AZ. The menu has a large variety with small prices. Here is were a lot of the locals go for good Mexican food and their margaritas are out of this world. You will feel out of this world after just one.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

This little Mexcian joint has served Prescott for years and is a staple with the locals. Great standard mexican food, a big menu, great service and good prices are the keys to their success. It's a bit off the downtown path but worth it.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Looks can be deceiving

Enjoyed two specials: chicken enchiladas with mole, and steak with sautéed poblano peppers. Meatball soup was also very good. All authentic and made from scratch.

Serves dinner only.

Good value cooked and served by owners, Ben Alvarez and his wife.

Margarita was made as i requested it with 100% Agave.

Casa Alvarez is a good find in an unassuming location. Easy to miss and not visible from the street. It is behind the Dinner Bell Cafe, also owned by same family.

So to use the rest room, you must leave the restaurant and enter the Cafe. In some cities, that would be illegal. No big deal.

During early evening hours, there is a view of Granite Creek. And when weather is mild, the garage doors open up to the creek.