“2nd Visit”

Granite Mountain Brewing
Ranked #24 of 71 things to do in Prescott
More attraction details
Owner description: Serving small, batch hand-crafted American style ales brewed on site in a laid-back brewery and taproom. Now serving Arizona wine, local mead and hard cider. Enjoy a pint or try a flight to sample everything on tap. Our expanded light fare menu features fresh items, prepared in-house. Take a seat at our custom bar to gaze at the brewhouse or unwind in an armchair or couch for conversation or board games with friends. We also offer seating on our secluded back patio. We host live music, special events and more - check our website for details.
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Visited with a friend in February and visited again with my partner this week. It was just as good as the first time. As others have noted, food is very limited, yet surprisingly good and it all pairs well with the brews. Go for the beer. There are six to try and I recommend the flight. 5 oz glasses x 6. A guide is offered with the flight to give you more info on all the brews. Be adventurous and give them a try. I found the English ordinary bitter to be my favorite this time.

All reviews
"flavorful"
"craft"
"server"

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I have been wanting to try Granite Mountain Brewing for quite some time, so we stopped in on Sunday. The place reminds me more of a coffeehouse, with soft chairs arranged in circles, knowledgeable and friendly staff, and light fare. They offer four beers at a time, and the Blonde was excellent! The Wheat was very different from other wheat beers I have tried, and they do offer flights and samples. I will be back.

Amanda R, Owner at Granite Mountain Brewing, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Thanks for coming in over the weekend and for the positive review! We are happy that you enjoyed your visit. Just a note of clarification, GMB offers SIX beers on tap - 3 flagship styles and 3 rotating specialty/seasonal styles. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 June 2013

I really like this place. It's small, cozy and it has a tiny outdoor terraced patio surrounded by old brick walls from the neighboring buildings. I like to pretend I am sipping my handcrafted beer in a rustic garden in a small German town, and not sitting in the back alley a few blocks away from Whiskey Row. It's quiet enough for me to keep up that fantasy, especially the night that some actual German (I think) visitors were sitting at a nearby table talking.

The beer selection changes regularly, which is perfect if you are adventurous and like to try new tastes, like the Espresso Stout and Honey Vanilla Porter (my favorite so far!) they had on our last visit. Plus there are some standards they keep on tap for folks (like my husband) who like a good, reliable lager or wheat beer.

I think most of the staff are also the brewers, so they know all about each beer and will let you sample if you're not sure if/what you'll like. Gorgeous wood inlaid bar and casual seating areas reminiscent of funky college coffee shop decor. Check out the patio if you're there on a nice day (which is most days in Prescott.)

Reviewed 2 June 2013

We love this place - and usually make it a Sunday afternoon tradition. With four fresh brews on tap at any given time, it is a charming place to enjoy a local brew. Our favorite so far is Wee Heavy, but they also have a great Espresso Stout. Live music is a mainstay at Granite Mountain Brewery - and they have some sandwiches, a yummy freshly made hummus & beer bread plate and some other snacks too. Merchandise for sale and "mug club" (co-op style) home town brewery options as well. If you like hand crafted beers - this is a must !

Closed Mondays & Tuesdays for brewing, any other time you want to stop by I would highly recommend it.