“Attention to Detail”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California
“Attention to Detail”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We called in while on the way and Ray helped to select a good room for us. We were placed in the Holiday room, which has a serene blue and green décor against the backdrop of a magnificent old brick wall. The room is small in size but big on aesthetics. The bed was very comfortable and we slept very well. I liked the attention to detail ... great air conditioning/heating unit that worked quite nicely, interesting accent graphics on the walls, pretty decorative mouldings, chic pedestal sink and claw foot bath tub. Of course I took a bath every night! The only thing I wish they had provided was a travel sized container of bath minerals (bubble bath), which another hotel had thought to do and which I thought was a nice touch. Management might think of adding that in. A hair dryer would have been nice too. I did enjoy the lighted make up mirror and want to get one for myself. Though ear plugs were provided to enhance sleep, we found no need for them. No obnoxious noises during the week. I appreciate their efforts to be "green" and there was even a dual flush toilet (I never knew such a thing existed, but very smart idea!) We don't tend to spend a lot of time in our room, but the time we do spend we appreciate a nice environment and this place had that extra oomph. I do feel we missed out on taking advantage of the services offered as we did not eat the continental breakfast or seek out the afternoon/evening goodies. Next time I would slow down and spend a little more time enjoying all the amenities offered. Besides the historical value of the stay, the location is very convenient to shopping and there are several good restaurants in walking distance. We never had a problem finding parking out front on the weekday and the parking garage was very convenient (and free). The staff was very welcoming and friendly. We would definitely return.

Green Features: Dual flush toilets ... who knew? A really great idea to save on water!
2 Thank CacheOn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed only one night, but we will return for a longer trip. The hotel really is Grand...staff is friendly, accommodating and available. The rooms are in excellent condition and spotless. The afternoon snacks are a treat and breakfast is tasty and plentiful. We loved being right in the center of downtown and enjoyed sitting at the bay window watching the happenings in town. We were there on a weekday and didn't find it particularly noisy. There is free parking in the garage behind the hotel. It was great to be able to park our car and walk everywhere.

1 Thank cdmintucson
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 May 2014

My boyfriend and I went to Prescott to enjoy a long weekend for his 40th birthday. This Hotel had it all, close to the Saloons, Shops, and Eateries. The rooms were delicate and clean, the staff was friendly and accommodating- We checked in late (10PM) and out Early (1:30AM) even at those unusual times, the staff was extremely pleasant and approachable. Breakfast was fresh and the afternoon cookies made for a great snack. As for the noise, we stayed in the Rough Rider Room, though there was noise, it wasn't anything that kept us awake at night. Highly recommended!!!!

Green Features: I very much appreciated the fact that the hotel had separate waste baskets for trash and recyclables.
Marana, Arizona
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed here for the Whiskey Row Marathon and won't consider any other hotel when we return for next year's marathon. The room was spotless clean and in perfect condition. It looked as if it were set up for a photo shoot it was so neat.The location made it accessible to all the Whiskey Row amenities as well as the start of the marathon. The staff was friendly and attentive to our needs. Despite being in a room close to the street, it was quiet and we had a restful night's sleep.

Room Tip: The rooms are small. This is a boutique hotel in a historic building. If you want a larger room, get...
Green Features: We try to live our life green at home and appreciate staying at a hotel that shares our values.
2 Thank Dan95130
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We had booked this place as a stop off between The Grand Canyon and San Diego. The hotel is centrally located and within walking distance from stores, saloons and restaurants. We arrived late in the evening and were quickly checked in. We were kindly given upgrade rooms as I was celebrating my birthday and my partners parents were celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary. We had a birthday card in my room and two chocolate dipped strawberries in our room. There were ear plugs on our bedside lockers also - we figured out at 5am what these were used for - they worked great and blocked out all noise from the work men renovating the adjoining building. Breakfast was great the following morning with gorgeous pastries, muffins, fruit, fresh tea and coffee, orange and apple juice - over our 16 night stay in The States this was the most substantial and delicious breakfast we had and the rest of the hotels we stayed in were of a higher class than The Grand Highland. I cannot fault this hotel and would certainly stay here again. I would like to stay longer the next time as Prescott is a lovely town and has tons to offer travellers.

Green Features: 100% top notch - this hotel is very environmentally friendly and it shows in their signage and notices.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I stayed here solo for the April 2014 Whiskey Off-road Mountain Bike Race (my wife bailed due to threatened rain). The excellent service started 2 days before my arrival with an email from Rey Rivera (hotel GM) asking if I planned to keep my bike in the room and offered to set up a bike wash station with towels after the race; in my experience, that is unbelievably accommodating! The back door of the hotel is 20 feet from the parking garage and the front was right on Whiskey Row (the race start/finish line).
Staff: very friendly and helpful. They even offered to help carry things from my car up to the hotel. Definitely willing to do what it takes to make a great experience.
Room: Small but beautiful (in a old-timey way) - don't bring kids. The bed was amazingly comfortable; I don't know if I've ever slept in a more comfortable hotel bed. The claw foot tub with shower was a cool touch and the bathroom was large. Plenty of free bottled water.
Food: Typical continental breakfast, but no complaints as you are just steps from all sorts of dining options.

I will definitely try to return here if I ever need to stay overnight anywhere near Prescott. It's truly an experience.

Room Tip: I didn't have any problems with noise, but the event wasn't one of those "party all nig...
Green Features: All eco-friendly soaps, shampoos, etc. They will only replace towels that you leave on the floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My wife & I decided to head up from Scottsdale for a quick overnight stay. Wanted to stay somewhere with great dining & nightlife. This is it! Beyond immaculate, this historic building has been fully & completely renewed in 2013. The staff is great, maid service impeccable. Quality furnishing, awesome claw foot tub. We had The Capitol Suite & enjoyed having the extra room. The other rooms looks small, but so what? Overall, a very fun experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple