“A gem!”

Grand Highland Hotel
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Perfect location. Spotless rooms. Fun themed rooms. The staff is wonderful and the service is fabulous.
I am making another reservation tonight before I leave.
My only issue is that all rooms including reception are on the second floor. No elevator.

Room Tip: Rooms in front may be a bit noisier because they face Whiskey Row.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pat R

Reviewed 20 June 2014

The Grand Highland Hotel is perfectly located right in downtown, facing the courthouse. The rooms are beautifully decorated, clean, and comfortable. The claw foot tub was a wonderful feature and the bed was very comfortable. Service was always provided with a smile. I was also very impressed with the continental breakfast - bagels, pastries, greek yogurt and small Naked juice smoothies. Cookies were available when we checked in. We had bikes with us and they accommodated them without any problems. I wish to be back soon!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mu-Hung C
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Spent a wonderful Saturday night at the Grand Highland Hotel. Chose the Speakeasy Room which looks out over Whiskey Row toward the town square. I thought the themed rooms were a great concept. Could have stayed in the shower for hours. I thought the noise from Whiskey Row might be an issue, but the bed was so comfy, I slept like a baby. I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: If you are noise sensitive choose a room away from the front!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jennikp
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I agree with the others that the rooms are small but the amenities are so gracious! I loved the little touches in this quaint hotel - ductless HVAC, ceiling fans, organic soaps and fresh baked cookies. I had a quite room in the middle (208) and though earplugs were provided, I did not need them. The refurbishment was done with an incredible care for the environment - and for their guest's comfort. I will definitely stay again if I get the chance.

Room Tip: The queen room would be very tight for me and my messy husband but it was perfect for me!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Sally Y
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The rooms are decorated with modern charm. Most are cozy but comfortable with a great use of space. Hotel is perfectly located in the middle of it all, but feels like a quaint sanctuary. It's family-run. The staff is extremely friendly. When we return to Prescott, this is where we will be staying again.

Room Tip: Ask about the different noise levels of the rooms; some are quiet, others are right above the action...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nadia M
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Love to stay at unique places and while visiting Prescott we chose the Grand Highland. Remodeled after a fire in the building next door the rooms are small but comfy. Cool old school decor in every room (they leave un-ocupied rooms open so you can peek in!). Saw previous warnings about noise from Whiskey Row late at night but chose front room overlooking the courthouse anyway.. It was a bit to noisey as bars closed and we decided to ask for a center room for the next night. The staff went out of thier way to make us happy... I have never encountered such a friendly staff in all our travels... From answering questions about local restaurants to tourist info all were very helpfull.. With a chance to stay on historic Whiskey Row and be able to walk to anything we needed, we will choose this place again!!

Room Tip: Rooms in the middle of the hall are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank AZQUIG
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Hidden Above The Very Exciting Whiskey Row Is A Wonderful Hidden Hotel Called The Grand Highland...We Only Had A One Night Stay To See A Local Band Out Of Phoenix...But The Service Was Great!!! Between The Online Purchase To The Email Confirmation...WE even got into town 3 Hours Before Check-in...Stopped By To See The Place & Got A Full Tour Of The Building...Plus A Little History About It ...We Actually Got A Room Right Above Whiskey Row Nice Bay Window Updated Bathroom, Great View, And To Our Surprise Even Leaving The Window Open At The End Of The Night Noise Was Not A Factor...The Room Was Handicap Accessible Did Not Realize This When Renting Room It Took The Oversized Doors & The Handicap Rails In The Bathroom To Realize It!!! Over All Great Establishment... Wish We Could Have Stayed Longer, But I figure This Gives Us A Reason To Go Back...I Forgot To Mention It But We Got Our Room Early Too...They Called Us About An Hour After We Got There & Let Us Have Our Room Early...Thx Again To The Staff & The WONDERFUL Service

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends