“Wonderful surprise” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Biga restaurant

Biga restaurant
Ranked #29 of 215 Restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Wonderful surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

They only have 8 tables, a small bar and parking can be a challenge... small lot but plenty of close street parking. Great good! Worth a try if only for the fresh baked bread. Sandwiches were very fresh with lots of flavor. The salads looked good as did the specials. Service was prompt and friendly. Will definitely be a return customer.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Kenneth432

Prescott, Arizona
“Are You Out of Your Mind?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Interestingly enough, if you read many of the reviews, a good number indicate slow service but still give it four stars. I am going to make a break here and say 'three' because I spent a week there one night (recently).
Yes, it is small. There is limited seating 'but' you can make reservations (be on time). We arrived in a party of 8 on time (7:30), seated... had some drinks (thought the Margs were weak) and after about 25 minutes got to order. Most of the items on the menu were 'gone'... at 8PM. So we had to take what was left (it is very hard for a restaurant to 'figure' on quantities, only the very best usually get it right)... oh well.
We got bread... at 8:15... nice servers though a bit harried. And got our meals just before 8:50... Several ordered salads which (I tasted one or two) where okay to pretty good but 'presentation' was blah, colors, etc... hamburgers were all cooked to one level, medium well... which might be okay unless you like (and ordered!) rarish... oh well.
The exception? They have a Chocolate Torte that is outstanding, really amazingly good.
So service 'is' slow (as mentioned by others) ... ambiance is non-existent and some effort might be made there... food is really, from the four dishes I sampled at our table, just a shade over average however two dishes that 'smelled' wonderful were not available and so I could only drool.
Prices are VERY good... you won't break the bank here and that is always nice. I can only give it a three because of the service issue and rather 'just okay' foods we ended up with... your mileage may vary.
Oh, parking is a bit strange, some behind the restaurant but several 'closed business' lots within quick walking in the PM hours.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“What a gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Biga is not a big place, in fact it is tiny, but it packs a punch with freshness and high quality food! Everything is made from scratch including the breads which are a must do, the garlic bread in particular. I have had all of the salads which are excellent and the Asian turkey burger. Highly recommend! They have some creative cocktails, but I have only been for lunch so no tasting of those, but they sound tempting. A very limited wine list. The caramel bread pudding is to die for. This is exactly what I enjoy a fun, fresh, creative, consistent spot. I have always had a good service experience, unlike some other reviews. One can easily have lunch in a hour which is perfect. I will try dinner and one of those cocktails soon!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank lovetohike1111
Prescott, Arizona
“Don't be in a hurry and this is a good thing, right?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

For having so few, perhaps 6-7-8 (cannot remember exactly) dining tables and only 4 seats at the bar it took annoyingly long to receive our meals. The service staff was average. I emptied my water glass twice and the refill of water is regularly overlooked no matter where one dines. It is my litmus test. Boasting "home made" food is deliciously true however you may find the food is not from your home town. It is terrifically fresh and has that gourmet flare, odd flavors for my uncultured taste buds. The food on the menu revolves daily and the menu is very limited with only 3 entrees on the night we were there. Excellent wine choices and a full service bar. Good "home made" prices! I'd go back just for the $5.00 hibiscus margaritas. I'll drink those for dinner!

2 Thank Canyouhearmeow
“Great little place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

We had to wait 45 mins but it was Valentines. Sat at the bar and had a glass of wine while waiting. Got to talk to several of the wait staff and a few patrons. The food is excellent. Small menu but varied and quite unique. Will definitely be going back.

• Visited February 2014