“Great Big Time at Biga!”
Review of Biga restaurant

Biga restaurant
Ranked #32 of 215 Restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Prescott, Arizona
“Great Big Time at Biga!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Went for lunch today with my wife and a friend. We all really enjoyed it. The staff was great and while the food was pretty darn good. The homemade garlic bread is a must! And we topped off our excellent lunch with a raspberry chocolate tart for dessert. I hear the menu constantly changes so we can't wait to go back again but next time we will also explore the margaritas!

• Visited July 2014

Prescott, Arizona
“Casual Atmosphere, Great Food, Good Value”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I noted with interest that another reviewer had indicated that they were disappointed after the hype that BigA received. I have been there for lunch twice, and have found it to be just shy of excellent both occasions.

My wife came to my office to meet me for lunch and I decided that we would go to BigA. Parking is difficult here, as you can park along a fence in the alley adjoining the restaurant, or you can park at the far end of the parking lot. However, we found a spot easily enough and upon entering the restaurant found several empty tables despite a full lot.

This was not discouraging and in fact, was welcome. We were directed to sit where we liked and chose a table for two at the side facing the street. The restaurant is small, but there is ample space between the tables. While not exact, there are somewhere around ten tables, plus several seats at the bar. They have a full bar if you are interested, and feature several different wines and on our visit some specialty margaritas and mojitos. Being as I was working we passed on the drinks and dove into the menu.

The menu here is eclectic and limited. However, there is such a variety that I firmly believe anyone can find a choice that they would be happy with. The have several salads, offer a choice of protein for the salad if desired (chicken or grilled shrimp), several sandwiches and several heavier meals. Sides are cowl slaw, potato salad or green chili mac and cheese.

On this visit my wife chose the Quinoa and kale salad, that came with dried apricots and a pleasant lemon dressing. My choice was the special, a lobster sandwich served on garlic bread baked on premises with butter lettuce. I did choose the mac and cheese.

My wife enjoyed her salad a great deal. AT $9, it was plentiful and seemed to be very fresh with little wasted greens or "off veggies". I always resented a salad that is delivered with over-ripe veggies and lettuce and this looked perfect. She enjoyed the dried apricots a great deal and the kale was perfectly prepared and not at all bitter.

My sandwich was full of lobster meat, including large pieces of claw. AT $15 it is an expensive sandwich but considering the type and quantity of lobster it was a deal. The mayo was just the right amount (I am not a fan) and the taste was exceptional. My only complaint here was that the bread was a little thickly sliced for my taste. It was good and definitely garlic bread, and toasted just the right amount. However, it was just too thick for me.

The mac and cheese was good, but I did expect more. The green chills were present but scant, and the taste was almost bland. I expected more of a cheesy taste mixed with that distinct green chili taste and was somewhat disappointed. But being it was a side dish I would not say that it distracted from my meal or made the whole meal of less value.

Overall, it was a very enjoyable time. Take into account the parking issues and the other items mentioned here, and you will know what to expect and enjoy your meal. Absolutely it is a good value for fresh and tasty food.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank MRMED8R
Prescott, Arizona
“I was disappointed after all the hype”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We had been hearing about the Biga restaurant for some time and decided to try it out. The place is small, but clean, and the menu is very limited. Not being a beef eater, I ordered the Asian turkey burger which came with some special dressing. Well, I thought it was rather dry, so I asked the waitress for some ketchup. She reacted as if I had insulted her, but finally came back with a tiny amount of some red watery solution, that I put on my turkey burger. It was so watery, it dripped all over everything, so I finally ate the meat with a fork.
My wife liked her meal, but I don't think I will be back.

• Visited June 2014
California
“Small - and Awesome Food”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We love finding a great restaurant, and boy did this top our list! This restaurant only seats approximately 28-30 people, but the atmosphere and decor is outstanding - very rustic and friendly. The bread is baked by them and is incredible! I rarely eat my bread, but I ate the whole thing! I had the asian turkey burger and my husband had the chicken sausage gumbo. Both were excellent! We have already recommended this place to friends and we will definitely be back many more times. They take reservations for 6 or more. Otherwise, you have to get there early or late to avoid a long wait.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Willywop
Prescott
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We have been a few times and other than some bread and butter, we have not eaten there, just had cocktails at the bar. This time we were hungry and decided to eat.

The food was delicious.Not one single complaint about that. The service however is the reason they get a 4 star instead of 5.

Our waitress was very nice and friendly but was just inattentive. We had to ask for things like refills (Water and Cocktails) and bread at least two times before we would get them. It did not appear she was overwhelmed, just didn't follow through. We ordered appetizers and some bread and didn't get the bread until the appetizers were all gone. When the bread arrived, there was less than a teaspoon of butter in the little butter dish. Really? Not even enough for two slices of bread. Just seemed like we were constantly trying to get her attention.

Loved the food but maybe a little more training with the staff would do wonders. I will be back and we did enjoy it. Prices are reasonable.

• Visited May 2014