“FIRST VISIT-with friends”
Review of BiGA

BiGA
Ranked #25 of 226 Restaurants in Prescott
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We use locally-sourced ingredients to offer a modern take on American cuisine and Farm-to-Fork Suppers.
Reviewed 31 August 2014

This was our first visit. We got there early (5:15) because we heard it was a small place with limited parking; that was a good idea. Parking is out back or in the alley next to the restaurant; there was a wait by the time we finished up so we got up and made room for new folks; that is recommended here. The décor is very basic; the service is good; they need a blind on the door that faces west; all of us were blinded by the setting sun; suggestion! As for the food; my wife and I had the chicken pot pies; good I said, my wife said great..but you see I am used to hers which has a whole lot more chicken in it; mine was mostly potatoes but it was tasty. And, I appreciate that they don't over season. Our friends had the trout and the beef pasta dish. He rated the beef very highly; she rated the trout as "good' but fishy. Suggestion to the restaurant; take off the skin before serving the fish. The desserts are wonderful; we had the chocolate raspberry and our friends had the apple crumble pie; both was top rated. And, the sandwiches that were being served looked great; I will order one of those next time. I like this place because it is another one of those "funky" and different Prescott restaurants that seem to be popping up everywhere; this is good for our town and we need to support these places. We will be back and will do this again; maybe next time they will get an "excellent'' rating; for now it is "very good".

Reviewed 20 August 2014

After several lunch time visits I must say every meal was special. The homemade bread is outstanding with a crusty exterior and soft, yeasty interior. The curried squash soup was creamy and perfectly seasoned. The salads are very fresh. My friends loved the sandwiches. I can't wait to come back for dinner. The place is very small so there may be a wait, but the service is fast and quite attentive. Go to Biga!

2  Thank karen6251
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Loved loved loved this gem of a restaurant! The menu is small but the flavors are big. My husband and I split a veggie burger and although I typically don’t eat veggie burgers this meal will change my opinion of them as it was by far the best I ever had. The sauce on the burger was a party for my mouth. I’m stingy about the star rating I give but this is definitely a 5 star meal. I also had the tomato and cucumber salad. It was very fresh with just the right amount of dressing. We then split a salted caramel bread pudding. The name speaks for itself but let me tell you I asked my husband for one bite and then he had to stop me after I already ate half. It’s the perfect combination of sweet and salty.
This is a small place – only about 8 tables but they also have a bar with what looked like a great selection of drinks and about 4 stools. Very casual. Next time I go to Prescott this will have to be a must stop for me. Can’t say enough about this culinary delight!

2  Thank NaomiBTravelin
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Went for lunch today with my wife and a friend. We all really enjoyed it. The staff was great and while the food was pretty darn good. The homemade garlic bread is a must! And we topped off our excellent lunch with a raspberry chocolate tart for dessert. I hear the menu constantly changes so we can't wait to go back again but next time we will also explore the margaritas!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I noted with interest that another reviewer had indicated that they were disappointed after the hype that BigA received. I have been there for lunch twice, and have found it to be just shy of excellent both occasions.

My wife came to my office to meet me for lunch and I decided that we would go to BigA. Parking is difficult here, as you can park along a fence in the alley adjoining the restaurant, or you can park at the far end of the parking lot. However, we found a spot easily enough and upon entering the restaurant found several empty tables despite a full lot.

This was not discouraging and in fact, was welcome. We were directed to sit where we liked and chose a table for two at the side facing the street. The restaurant is small, but there is ample space between the tables. While not exact, there are somewhere around ten tables, plus several seats at the bar. They have a full bar if you are interested, and feature several different wines and on our visit some specialty margaritas and mojitos. Being as I was working we passed on the drinks and dove into the menu.

The menu here is eclectic and limited. However, there is such a variety that I firmly believe anyone can find a choice that they would be happy with. The have several salads, offer a choice of protein for the salad if desired (chicken or grilled shrimp), several sandwiches and several heavier meals. Sides are cowl slaw, potato salad or green chili mac and cheese.

On this visit my wife chose the Quinoa and kale salad, that came with dried apricots and a pleasant lemon dressing. My choice was the special, a lobster sandwich served on garlic bread baked on premises with butter lettuce. I did choose the mac and cheese.

My wife enjoyed her salad a great deal. AT $9, it was plentiful and seemed to be very fresh with little wasted greens or "off veggies". I always resented a salad that is delivered with over-ripe veggies and lettuce and this looked perfect. She enjoyed the dried apricots a great deal and the kale was perfectly prepared and not at all bitter.

My sandwich was full of lobster meat, including large pieces of claw. AT $15 it is an expensive sandwich but considering the type and quantity of lobster it was a deal. The mayo was just the right amount (I am not a fan) and the taste was exceptional. My only complaint here was that the bread was a little thickly sliced for my taste. It was good and definitely garlic bread, and toasted just the right amount. However, it was just too thick for me.

The mac and cheese was good, but I did expect more. The green chills were present but scant, and the taste was almost bland. I expected more of a cheesy taste mixed with that distinct green chili taste and was somewhat disappointed. But being it was a side dish I would not say that it distracted from my meal or made the whole meal of less value.

Overall, it was a very enjoyable time. Take into account the parking issues and the other items mentioned here, and you will know what to expect and enjoy your meal. Absolutely it is a good value for fresh and tasty food.

1  Thank MRMED8R