“Nice experience”

Dining options: Breakfast
Torrance, California
“Nice experience”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We walked down Gurley and discovered this little Cafe. We had a wonderful quick lunch. The service was fast and friendly. Be sure to check their hours of operation. We got there just before they closed on Saturday. The food hot and delicious.

• Visited November 2013

Prescott, Arizona
“Great breakfasts”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We go here for breakfast every few weeks. Building is a bit on the old side (they've been here since 1939) and the back room can be a bit chilly early on a winter morning, but we love it.

Food is very good with good quantity. Nothing fancy, but good hearty basic food that will make you want to come back for more. Service is very good. Many of the servers have been here for a number of years.

There are two rooms: one on the street and a more quaint and larger one in the back. Handicap parking is in the lot behind them with entry through the outdoor patio in the back. From the street, take the wooden walkway along the river to the entrance. Patio is nice in warmer weather. Same menu and kitchen no matter where you sit.

This location is the Dinner Bell Cafe for breakfast and for lunch. The owners now also own Cafe Alvarez which uses the same location for dinner.

• Visited November 2013
Hampshire, England
“Great old school Diner”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

To me, this eating-place is just as I imagine an American diner should be. So many places have updated and lost their charm, but without being old-fashioned or past it this eatery has maintained its atmosphere.

We visited early one morning and we were not disappointed. It was very quiet in there at that time, but I could see they were methodically preparing for a massive arrival of customers later that day. We sat at the bar. I ordered the granola with fruit and yogurt, as I felt I had enjoyed too much good food over the previous days. My selection was so good, fresh and flavourful that I ate the whole lot. Ah well, my intentions were good and I did only use a small spoon!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank pirate859
Phoenix, Arizona
“Cool joint. Rustic, perhaps...”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stopped in for a late lunch while visiting Prescott. The location is a bit off the beaten path. In the back of another restaurant right off Granite Creek. The building is a bit rundown, but to me that adds to the charm. It appears to be fairly original. Breakfast is served all day long, but I opted for some lunch instead. The patty melt was tasty and came with a fairly sizable amount of French fries. The service was good and the menu was pretty large and diverse.

All in all, a very good experience.

N*joy...

• Visited October 2013
Mesa, Arizona
“A place to eat”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

The service is good at this restaurant. Doesn't seem very clean. The chairs are rickety. We were afraid to move when sitting in them. The food is okay. Years ago this used to be one of our favorite restaurants. Usually we are in town for just a day so we always go to our favorite restaurants but we were in town longer this time and decided to give Dinner Bell another chance. There are better places to eat in town.

• Visited October 2013