“A Gem of a Find in Prescott”
Review of The Rose Restaurant - CLOSED

The Rose Restaurant
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We enjoyed Memorial Day Weekend with our good friends in Prescott, AZ and had an amazing and wonderful dinner. From the moment we walked into this charming place we were extremely surprised with how lovely the restaurant was. The staff made you feel like family and in fact The Rose Restaurant is owned by a husband and wife. Ron and Billie Jo Nelson are the current owners and we found Billie Jo behind the bar when we arrived. Ron is one of the chef's and I have to tell you the food is outstanding and on par with any restaurant found in Chicago or NYC. Our waiter was Jesse Palmer Swanson who is listed on the menu as the head of the professional service staff. Jesse was outstanding and gave us outstanding service along with making us feel at home and special. Our table was a cozy table and in a private space which made it wonderful to and we hear each other and have a conversations. We closed the restaurant down and upon leaving we got hugs from Ron, Billie Jo and Jesse. The Rose Restaurant is a real GEM and we look forward to going again next time we are in Prescott which I hope is very soon.

1  Thank JSBerman

Reviewed 18 May 2014

My wife and I had a great meal here on a weekend trip Prescott. The entire staff was committed to a high level of customer service and both our meals - duck and veal scallopine were excellent. Ask for table 11 in the front next to to the window.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We googled "fine dining" in Prescott. It was our first visit to the city. We drove to the location on Friday and liked what we saw so much, we made reservations for Saturday evening. We received a warm welcome and were immediately seated at our table. All aspects of the service were excellent, including a table visit by the wonderful owner. We intended to have the chateaubriand or steak diane for two but couldn't resist the nights 2 specials of swordfish and salmon. Excellent wine list was another bonus. Upon leaving, we assured the owner that upon returning to Prescott, we would surely be back to The Rose.

1  Thank Fred1only
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I recently had dinner with my husband at The Rose for our seven year anniversary. I have been there before and they NEVER disappoint. So I knew when I was planning our romantic evening there was no question where we would be dining. The food again was out of this world and Billie Jo the owner is always very gracious and warm. Once again a night to remember because of the wonderful service and quality of food at The Rose.

2  Thank Ambuler
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The Rose is a nice off the beaten track spot to eat. cozy for couples but over priced for the amount you receive. Food just a little above average. I would recommend this for people who wish to celebrate an anniversary or other special occasion. They do not add any frills to the dinner however for these occasions.

3  Thank buyersrmi