“Still good”

Ranked #4 of 214 Restaurants in Prescott
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Southwestern, Bar, Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: An Eclectic Mix of Spanish Inspired Tapas, and Southwestern Entrees.Quirky, fun atmosphere with outdoor patio dining, live music, full bar and extensive wine selections, bottled beers, as well as draft.Locals favorite for Happy Hour.Open Daily at 11 except Sunday, when we open at Noon.
Tucson, Arizona
“Still good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We've been here a few times over the past few years. It's always fun, and the variety of tasty tapas offerings make it hard to decide. This time we had the ceviche. Truly, it was one of the best we've ever had. The chorizo meatballs au gratin were sumptuous. The black bean cakes are always really good, but I asked for extra sauce (which came promptly). The shrimp wrapped in bacon and fried with cornmeal was disappointing. Not very tasty overall. The bacon should have been cooked more, and they came in small bunches all cooked together. Since they still had their shell-covered tails, they were also awkward to eat. Won't do those again, but everything else was great, including their non-cloyingly sweet white sangria. Really refreshing without tasting like funny fruit juice. Terry was a pretty perfect attendant. She also makes a thoroughly perfect martini! Loved eating on the patio too.

blbcorners, Owner at El Gato Azul, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Glad you enjoyed your experience.

We are always looking for ways to improve our product, and appreciate the positive feedback.

- Barry

Phoenix, Arizona
“Great food, great value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

I went during happy hour and wish I had brought 6 more people with me -- there were so many things on the menu I wanted to try!

I ordered an apricot goat cheese rolled in herbs and roasted sunflower seeds; it was fantastic. I also got the green olive tapenade, and the ale-steamed mussels, plus two glasses of Tempranillo, all for $36! The portions were larger than I expected for tapas, and all the ingredients were fresh and flavorful.

I'm glad this restaurant was recommended to me as it certainly beats the standard grill fare at most of the other dining options in town. Can't wait to return and try the paella!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank GretaPHX
Prescott, Arizona
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We didn't feel like cooking so we went out for tapas. I had the prickly pear mojitos and coconut shrimp with curry sauce and the crab cakes. My friend had the ceviche and beer. Everything tasted great and I wish I could have ordered one of everything, as the tapas menu is so full of great sounding options. The service was sweet and efficient and the atmosphere was fun out on the breezy patio. This has been a very popular place in Prescott for some time and the owner has done a great job with awesome food, friendly staff and good service. The highlight of my evening was when he came over and chatted with us for awhile. Keep up the good work, Barry! Prescott needs a place like this!

• Visited June 2014
“Awesome restaurant, food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

We were driving back from LV to Tucson. Once we arrived the kitchen was closed but they re-opened it. Very nice staff. Thx

Western New York
“Delicious--relaxing--fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

We discovered this little gem the week before but, unfortunately, had not made reservations and were too hungry to wait for a table. We returned, with reservations, the following week on a beautiful evening just perfect for patio dining. My pomegranate margarita was delicious & the boys enjoyed their beers. Definitely inquire about their "rooftop salad"--ours that night was delicious; we shared it as an appetizer. Then we had fun sharing our delicious tapas. What a wonderful way to pass time with good friends! This is a popular place; while our server was busy, we never felt neglected & were quickly helped by another waitress when ours was unavailable. Next time, we hope to visit on an evening when there is a band playing.

• Visited June 2014