“Exceptional Food, Fun Time”
Review of El Gato Azul

El Gato Azul
Ranked #4 of 214 Restaurants in Prescott
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Southwestern, Bar, Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: An Eclectic Mix of Spanish Inspired Tapas, and Southwestern Entrees.Quirky, fun atmosphere with outdoor patio dining, live music, full bar and extensive wine selections, bottled beers, as well as draft.Locals favorite for Happy Hour.Open Daily at 11 except Sunday, when we open at Noon.
Goodyear, Arizona
“Exceptional Food, Fun Time”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Amazing food and drink, great service, totally awesome atmosphere! We had a great time, ate more than our fill and absolutely enjoyed the homemade sangria! Joe from The Motor Lodge recommended for us and it was everything he said it would be! The Motor Lodge and El Azul Gato, great combination! Both highly recommended!

1 Thank Joe M

Cave Creek, Arizona
“Impressed”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My wife and I ate dinner at this restaurant on Monday 7/21. We arrived about 5:45 and the place was almost full. We we were told by a local to eat there and sure are happy we did. Both of our dinners were delicious. We are gourmet cooks and couldn't have done a better preparation of food than we had. Our only complaint was that the service was slow but understandable. Prices for this quality of restaurant were more than reasonable.
Wish this restaurant was closer to home as we would be regulars.

Visited July 2014
Chandler, Arizona
“Atmosphere is lovely - needs some kitchen work”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband and I visited this place the first time we went to Prescott and we thought we would love to go back and make this one of the ‘go to places’ everytime we went up North.

We love the atmosphere outside, the lights, the chatter and the music, lend itself to an upbeat evening that is pleasant and enjoyable.

Not this night.

It seems that after waiting 40 minutes and watching everyone else get their food, the one appetizer they did deliver was cold. Really? We sent it back and complained but only when asked by someone else if everything was OK. 2 hungry people are not going to say OK, after waiting this long for cold food.

The next time our entrees came out hot – like they were supposed to and while my husband enjoyed his chorizo, I was not that much of a fan. Perhaps I was just turned off by how everything went.

In fairness to them, they comped our meal and everything we had, which wasn’t all that much and I heard the people next to us also getting comped. Perhaps it was just a real busy night and too much action in the kitchen. Who knows. I wasn't as impressed this time.

• Visited July 2014
Harper, Texas
“Worth the drive!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I drove from middle of TX to Prescott. So happy a dear friend took me to El Gato Azul for dinner. The night was beautiful. The restaurant was crowded. Atmosphere was perfect. Love the buzz of all the conversation. Loved the music of the classical guitars. Loved the hominess and the warmth from the staff. The food was an enjoyment .I was looking forward to visiting again soon, but got called home for an
illness. I WILL BE BACK! Enjoyed visiting a little with Barry and enjoyed my gift. Thank you Barry and looking forward to another eclectic evening and all of the ambience and wonderful food. shjefi@ktc.com Sharon Cleary Fife

Visited June 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Widely-Diverse Menu And Tapas In A Secluded In-Town Location”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Recommended by our hotel staff, we walked to this little storefront located on Goodwin St. two blocks from Whiskey Row. The outside patio of "The Blue Cat" was larger than the inside seating...both comfortable. Very good service in a busy place, but the food is the draw. We savored "Jammin' Chicken, grilled and served on 3 skewers, covered with a delicious sauce, accompanied by a very tasty, large cup of Posole and chips topped with shredded cabbage. The menu covers just about any taste. Lots of seafood, chicken, vegetarian, beef, and pork. From Southwest to Spanish to a bit of Italian, and French, you are sure to find some special treat. All meals are "prepared fresh to order," but we didn't have any delay even though the place was busy.

• Visited July 2014