“Restored beauty”

Ranked #22 of 71 things to do in Prescott
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I happen to stop by the Elk's Opera House on my visit to Prescott and although the exterior was a little rough (renovation) the interior was spectacular. The Opera House was over 100 years old and had been restored to it's original look including opera boxes. You could just feel how it must have been to watch a performance from the turn of the century. Unfortunately I was not able to see a performance as I already had plans for the evening but their schedule appeared very broad in nature. They had bands from the 60's, 70's and 80's scheduled that I listened to growing up. I think on my next visit I'll check their schedule and make it a point to attend a performance.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

If you like the old west but with current acts the Elks offer both. yhe inside remodel has retained that 1800's flavor while the acts are very current. price is right and you can have a wonderful date night with out breaking the bank

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have been here for a couple performances and really love the atmosphere. It has an old timey feel to it and it really makes you feel like you have traveled back in time. I can't wait until the next performance there!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Arriving in town for a three week trip touring Prescott we noticed the Elk Opera House was covered from street to roof top with plastic for a major rehab. But, the inside was in full working order. We saw a large banner stating the Prescott Opry performance on the second Thursday of each month. We went on a whim and enjoyed it so much. Ed Gary was a wonderful MC for the groups. (Jeff & Patricia, Dave Dekker and his son from Southern California, the Brush Arbor Revival and a brand new talent, Allie Prescott). Such a terrific experience. We went again to see the Paperback Writer Beatle revue the next Saturday. A much larger crowd, but the same enthusiasm for a fun time! I'd suggest seeing any act here. We are so glad that we did.