“Great Food but pricey with no ambience”
Review of Augie's

Augie's
Ranked #58 of 227 Restaurants in Prescott
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We tried Augies for the first time in June because we like to give new local restaurants a try once they work out the kinks. We went on a Tuesday night around 6:30 pm so Augies was fairly empty. My husband had the scallops and I had the rack of lamb. The food was delicious no doubt because of their new chef who I heard used to be at Murphys. On food alone I would have rated Augies a 4.5 but there are a few things that get in the way.

1. The atmosphere in the restaurant is lacking in a major way. First their is a very wierd smell in the entrance lobby where the hostess station is located. I think it may be from the flooring - smells rubbery almost.
2. Next the restaurant lights were on full blast so I felt like I was having this great meal in a fast food joint.
3. Finally while the service was good we weren't served by a waitress - I think she might have been a hostess or owner. Normally in restaurants the wait staff has some type of uniform whether a t-shirt or white shirt .... here the woman had on regular clothes so we felt like we were being waited on by another patron.

Our final bill was about $90 and to spend that much money for dinner I'd like to have a great atmosphere and not just great food. I know I'm picky about these things and it might have been an off night for the restaurant but if you're open you should never have an off night. I'd recommend Iron Springs Cafe, the Rose or Murphys over Augies considering the price of the dinner.

I hope they improve the atmosphere because their food deserves it.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My husband and I while visiting Prescott for the weekend were hoping to see a movie at the Picture Show but since none were really of interest to us, we decided to find a place nearby to eat dinner and Augie's fit the bill. It is a relatively new restaurant and the decor is very nice. Our server was really good and we enjoyed both of our meals very much. We hope that the restaurant does well as it offers a nice menu and is in a good location for people to enjoy dinner and a movie, should they wish to do so. We will look forward to visiting Augie's again in the future.

1  Thank love2traveltogether
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Good location and nice appearance. We were warmly welcomed. However, have had better food and experience. Understand someone has to sit near the kitchen when few tables are available but try to avoid that. Service was on the slow side and the food, when it did come, was still not cooked enough. The good news is there is room for improvement!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

My wife and I made our first trip to Prescott from our home in Maricopa, for some Kayaking. Being recent transplants from the metro Detroit area, we had never been to Prescott and on our way out of town we were unsure as to a good place to have dinner. Well as luck would have it..... we found one. AUGIE'S! The ENTIRE wait staff was exceedingly friendly and helpful. EVERYTHING we ordered, including desert, was fabulous, and we had the opportunity to meet and sit and visit with Augie who is a first rate gentleman and all around great guy. We left the restaurant eager to return and will do so soon......worth the drive from Maricopa.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

First off the handicap cap parking is in violation of ADA regulations. Second the interior was dark and dirty looking. The walk to a table was not even close to accessible for this handicapped person. Menu was physically drab, beat up and not sure I wanted to touch it.

The windows had no screen for afternoon sun, hard to sit there. Menu a little high priced for what you get. No bread or butter arrived with entree. Drinks were okay, but the rest of the meal was down hill. As to food mediocre at best.
It was obvious that any one over 40 would not be welcome. If you use a cane, walker or wheelchair forget it very unfriendly.
Guess they tried to impress us with take home back, but it would have appreciated the same level of care coming in the door rather then going out the door.

Some one should advise owner, staff looks like the rolled into work out of bed.
We won't be giving this a second chance and am sorry we gave it a first!
SORRY