“Nice modern suites”

Residence Inn Prescott
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
“Nice modern suites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We had stayed here for a few days and really enjoyed our time. There was a bit of a problem when we checked in ( we had a long wait before we actually got into our room ) but it was worth it. The suite was large, clean and very modern. Having the kitchen was a nice touch, being able to make toast for breakfast instead of the restaurant was great. The staff were nice but not over the top. The outside pool area was the best thing about this hotel. They have BBQ's for your use and a large heated pool surrounded by a very nice patio. In the evening we enjoyed sitting around the open fire pit on comfy sofas and just relaxing. All in all I think we got lucky when choosing this hotel and I would stay there again when in Prescott.
Steve s

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Steve S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

There seems to be a disconnect between the rave reviews for this property and my personal experience. Although , I didn’t have a bad experience there, I wasn’t that impressed since it was not as spectacular as other reviewers with their superlative statements pictured it to be . I am a Platinum Marriott Rewards member who usually stays at Residence Inns all over the country for 5-6 months a year for work. I recently stayed here for several months this year.
Pros: The staff were consistently and genuinely friendly and helpful to guests . The maintenance department was top-notch . E.g. They replaced a busted lightbulb on a Sunday even before I reported it . Housekeeping must have reported it.
The hotel is conveniently located off the freeway near chain stores and restaurants and a short drive from downtown Prescott. They have all the amenities of Residence Inns like the pool, laundry room, gym, complimentary free breakfast and evening socials, etc. All rooms have well-equipped kitchenettes with full-size refrigerator and dishwasher. Unlike other Residence Inns, all the rooms are in one building so you don’t have to walk outside to other buildings to get to your room.
For pet-owners this is a pro but for people allergic and/or scared of pets this could be a con: This hotel is extremely pet-friendly and it seem that they don’t limit the size and number of pets .Expect to be jumped on/licked by big dogs while walking around . That happened to me 3 times. To their credit, I didn’t noticed any pet odors in my room or in the common areas.
Cons: The room was showing its age as a previous reviewer pointed out . The carpet was stained and worn in spots. The curtains were stained .The bathroom was small, the water pressure was poor and the shower area could use more light . I’m not sure if that was just in my room or if all the rooms are the same.
They didn’t upgrade me to a better room despite my Platinum status. Even if they didn’t have any extra rooms when I checked in, I was there for months so they should have at least offered to upgrade me once a better room was available.
Housekeeping could be better. I noticed that they don’t routinely clean the kitchen area .Visible crumbs on the kitchen table and food/grease stains on the stove were not cleaned so I frequently had to clean it myself. The duvet and duvet cover were not washed in months There was a brown stain on them when I checked in and I was aghast when I noticed the same stain on the same spot when I checked out. They probably only change it when you check out, which is a problem if you stay there for months. I was disappointed since at other Residence Inns where I stayed at, ALL the linens were routinely changed every 3 days .
Housekeeping is stingy with some supplies. It seem that they rationed them to make it inconvenient for guests so that the guests will be forced to buy their own. I’ve seen such stinginess with lower end extended stay hotels but never with Marriott hotels. When I checked in, the paper towel roll and Palmolive dish soap bottle were only half full . Though they routinely replaced the shampoo and conditioner , they only gave me 1-2 small packets of dishwashing soap a week. I ended up buying my own since I don’t want to keep on asking for soap every time I need to run the dishwasher. They waited until I was about to run out of paper towel ( as in a few sheets left on the roll) before they replaced it. They only gave me a bottle of lotion once during my entire stay and never replaced it. They probably saw that I had my own bottle of lotion. However they should still have given me lotion to give me the option of using their own lotion or my own. Sometimes they did not give me extra toilet paper /tissue box so I had to go to the front desk to ask for them when I ran out . You would think that the generous tip that I regularly leave for housekeeping would improve the service but nothing changed during my entire stay.
It’s probably one of the better hotels in Prescott but if you’ve been staying at other Residence Inns at other areas , you might be disappointed with this one.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the freeway, away from the pool where they sometimes have karaoke pool par...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank journeysH2O
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

This place is so wonderful it blew my mind! As a well seasoned traveler its hard to impress me. This hotel exceeded any expectations I could have possibly had. Thank you Jamie, Theresa and Lydia for being so wonderful and taking such good care of us! P.S. this place will even grocery shop for you... unbelievable! :-)

• Stayed July 2014
Somerset, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed here for 6 weeks whilst working in the area.
The staff couldn't do enough for us and made us feel so welcome.
Rooms were clean, comfy and had all the amenities to make my long stay as comfortable as possible.
The patio/BBQ area was a personal highlight for me as somewhere to unwind after a long day at work

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Taunton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Having been a long term resident of this hotel, I have found the staff to be welcoming and friendly. The rooms are comfortable and clean and the staff go out of their way to make sure your stay is enjoyable and relaxing as possible.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Downey, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We recently spent five nights at this hotel and can't say enough about the warmth and friendliness of the staff, the comfort and cleanliness of the rooms and the great overall value. We loved the free breakfast every morning, and thoroughly enjoyed the free dinners from Monday through Thursday. BBQ night was the best on Wednesday, with simple hamburgers and hot dogs, along with beans and chips. Wine and beer are also poured generously. Then, to top it off, there was a wonderful duo -- The Mix -- who performed on the patio from 6 to 8PM. Their great vocal harmonies were truly a delight! If you're coming to Prescott in the future, we highly recommend the Residence Inn by Marriott, with their warm and friendly staff. It will truly be your home away from home!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Virginia R
washington twp, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

This was our first trip to Prescott and we wanted a centrally located hotel. The Residence Inn is directly across from the shopping mall, and just minutes from downtown, yet set up on a quiet hillside. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming from Theresa at the front desk to Ellen in the kitchen.
The grounds are nicely landscaped, lovely outdoor patio areas with plenty of seating for breakfast or an evening snack.
The rooms were super clean, nice kitchen ( fridge with ice maker )pleasant decor, comfy bed, also sleeper - sofa, 2 TVs, desk with lots of convenient outlets to charge all your gadgets, nice towels, awapuhi shampoo.
Breakfast is offered everyday with choices from cold & hot cereal (Quaker oatmeal), lots of toppings, usually eggs & a side ( potatoes, sausage, etc), sometimes ready made eggs on a biscuit, and make your own waffles, too.
Evenings (Mond-Thurs) beer & wine and some type of snack or mini meal are served complimentary. One night was barbecue, and served outside on the patio, and there was also entertainment. Very pleasant!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple