“Wonderful b&b with fabulous hostesses!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Prescott
Prescott Pines Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 9 Prescott B&B and Inns
Austin, Texas
“Wonderful b&b with fabulous hostesses!”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I stayed at the PPI for 8 days while helping my daughter adjust to college. I absolutely loved the place! The most important thing -- a comfortable bed -- got me hooked right away. The wonderful breakfasts sealed the deal. I originally planned to stay 5 nights as a treat but extended my stay to 8 nights because I loved it so much.

The rooms are cozy and have everything you need. The wireless worked great, I used the outdoor grill to cook steaks (they supply the grill and the tools), I sat outside in the lovely gazebo area to enjoy the outdoors and the birds singing. Could not have asked for more unless it was to have my hubby there as well. ;)

Dana and Dawn were so hospitable and friendly. I am gluten-free, and they easily accommodated my preferences with delicious breakfasts -- their frittatas were excellent!

The bed was beyond comfortable. Dawn explained the layers of luxury included on each bed, and the super soft sheets were the best! I ended up buying a set of sheets for home I loved them so much.

I was working most of my stay there and was able to get a lot done. The place is very quiet and the daily housekeeping is super fast, but thorough. I usually just ran for lunch or sat in one of the many outdoor seating areas while my room was cleaned. The wifi works around the whole property so I didn't miss a beat.

I highly recommend Prescott Pines. You won't find nicer people or a more comfortable place with a fantastic breakfast. They served a ton of food too! I skipped lunch almost every day. :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Phoenix
Reviewed 28 December 2013

PROS:
Room was exactly as advertised. Very comfortable.

Property was clean, well-cared for. Staff was very friendly.

DVD's were available in the lobby for free to check out. Several were very recent.

Breakfast was very creative and well appointed. It was a lovely meal with a lot of thought given to it.

CONS:
TV (in Cleome) did not have an HDMI cable, which basically means it was all black and white and fuzzy when playing movies or anything. Fortunately we travel a lot, so we always have one with us. Had that not been true, I would have been upset at not having a good TV to watch. This isn't exactly a budget inn.

Housekeeping opens all the blinds when they leave, so not only can someone look right into your room and see everything you have in there, but they can see that you are out at the moment. When we addressed it, the owner actually said it's their POLICY to always open them, so it doesn't seem "dark" when people get back to their rooms. It's a terrible invasion of privacy. There are blinds on the door and the windows - no curtains. My lingerie was hanging on the bathroom door, easy to see if you looked in. We had closed all the blinds when we got there. Housekeeping should have respected that choice. I would never again stay at a place where my personal belongings were exposed to the world in such an irresponsible manner.

Also, the blinds really don't quite cover the windows completely, so it isn't as private as a normal hotel room even when they are closed. We were there for a romantic getaway, and that was not conducive to the mood.

Breakfast is lovely if you like gourmet food. If you have more simple tastes, or eat a lot for breakfast, prepare to bring cereal or whatever you want to eat and keep in in your room.

The heater (in Cleome) doesn't have a thermostat - it's either on or off, and it's right next to the bed. So if you have a problem with air blowing at you all night while you're sleeping you want to be aware of that. You can set a timer to turn it off, but then if you get cold at night you would have to get up and turn it back on. The fireplace is lovely, but doesn't do much for heat.

SUMMARY:
I can see where this B&B would be great for a lot of people, but we wanted a romantic getaway and some privacy. I felt this place would be better for old people who don't get to eat fancy food much and want to go meet other people. I would never go back to this B&B. There are many options in Prescott, and for the price I would easily try something else.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
prescottpines, Owner at Prescott Pines Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Thank you for your input. We are so sorry that our brand new flat screen TVs did not live up to your standards. We double checked the AV cables on that TV and everything works as it should (including the very much color TV), as well as the DVD player.

As for your concern about overall privacy, please be assured that it is a top priority for us, and we must admit that yours is the first complaint we've heard from a guest. Every one of our guest rooms has a private exterior entrance, separated from a walkway by a private guest room patio. And all window coverings provide additional privacy. We are so sorry that this layout was not private enough to meet your needs.

We pride ourselves on our creative breakfast menus, (thank you for the compliment!), and beautifully prepared gourmet breakfasts, and depict these visually on our website as well as provide descriptions. Our guests expect this kind of breakfast service. Thankfully, we do not serve breakfast cereal and pre-packaged muffins like many chain hotels. Breakfast is part of our name, and as such, deserves an equal amount of our attention.

We wish you both the happiest of New Years, and happy trails.
Peoria, Arizona
Reviewed 21 December 2013

First off the staff was so friendly and welcoming! Secondly the room was immaculate and the time spent by my wife and I there will never be forgotten. We have an 18 month old daughter and do not get much time to be by ourselves. We has such a great time and felt so welcomed. I will definitely be staying here again and recommend to any and all who travel to the Prescott area to check it out. Very friendly staff, delicious breakfast, and cottage style rooms maximize privacy and time to spend together. We stayed in the Delphinium room which was so beautiful and was perfect for our stay as we got to have the fire going and watch the snow fall outside while sipping hot chocolate (included in room from the mini Keurig). My wife said it was truly the perfect night spent together.

Room Tip: Delphinium room is amazing!! Super comfortable and so clean!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nicholas S
Surprise, Arizona
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is our second time staying at prescott pines inn and each experience has been amazing. They truly cater to your EVERY need. We really love the B&B feeling AND having the privacy and comfort of our own little room set apart from the main lobby area. Each room has its own special touches and we look forward to trying them all. (there is a name for this, ask the owner.. lol ) The beds are very comfortable, the rooms are spotless and well equipped with everything you need, not to mention the breakfast experience was truly delicious both times. If your hanging out on a limb trying to decide on a B&B, look NO further this IS the place ... The only problem is this place sets the bar SO high that any other B&B experience doesnt compare.

Room Tip: Jazmine is my favorite room so far. English Rose was also very nice.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 5 November 2013

My husband & I wanted a romantic getaway for his birthday weekend. We couldn't have picked a better place. The Inn is charming, our room was lovely, cozy & private (Delphinium). Privacy can be a concern at a B&B. No problem here. Although I believe all rooms were occupied during our stay, we never heard or saw the other guests except at breakfast.Breakfast was delicious & the staff welcoming. Dana gave us great recommendations for dining& made reservations for us. We will be back as soon as our schedules permit.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Buckeye, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We rented the Lodge a year and a half ago for our daughter's wedding. This time we rented it to celebrate my mother in law's 70th birthday. We had a wonderful time and the 7 of us were very comfortable in the Lodge. We loved the new additions-the fire pit at the lodge and the gazebo. The attention to detail continues to be wonderful. Our only regret was that we didn't have a chance to make smores at the fire pit! Thanks again for being such wonderful hosts!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
SHERIDAN
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Great B&B. Highly recommend this property. The innkeepers work very hard to make this a very enjoyable stay. The hospitality is great. The rooms are decorated beautifully. Quiet, peaceful and private. The breakfasts were top notch! Would like to stay again when in the Prescott area.

Room Tip: Recommend one of the fireplace rooms
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends