“Not worth the money..........2nd rate at best.”

Best Western Prescottonian
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
GreenLeadersBronze level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Not worth the money..........2nd rate at best.”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Went with two friends, never been to the area before. Expected better. Mostly I guess it was the disgusting carpeting in the motel room that put us off. The front desk is also being remodeled which is good for initial business, but once people check in they probably won't come back if something is not done to the rooms. Located right on a major highway, not the prettiest place. Pool was closed. On the plus side, the breakfast was good and I have no complaints there.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Debbie B, Manager at Best Western Prescottonian, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. As you may have noticed during your stay, we have recently started a major remodel of our entire property. Everything from our lobby and breakfast room, to our guest rooms, exteriors and our parking lot are being completely renovated. We look to have the project completed by the spring of 2014.
I apologize for the carpeting in your room. We our new carpeting has been delivered and the crews began installing it in our guest rooms just over a week ago. .

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Page, United States
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We have to go to a VA Medical Facility 1-3 times a year in Prescott, AZ. This is the only place to stay. Everyone and everything is always extremely good. It is at the top of our budget but worth every penny. The wonderful breakfast finishes off the trip nicely. I check the business box because you do not have a medical box. this location is great, 1/2 mile from the VA.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 8 January 2014

The hotel is not expensive but I have the greatest breakfast experience. The service is very good and the food is delicious. The room is clean and spacious and wifi is fast! I am surprised to have this service with the low price.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
San Juan Capistrano, United States
Reviewed 5 January 2014

This hotel is very conveniently located in the lovely city of Prescott, Arizona. The staff was friendly and helpful. Of special note is Aaron, the breakfast host. He goes out of his way to make sure the delicious breakfast is hot and presented well. I had the best cup of coffee in my life in his breakfast room. Rooms were large and it was very quiet for being so close to a busy street. They will soon be undertaking a large remodeling project. Our room did show signs of wear and the carpet was dirty, but the front desk host assured me that this will all be taken care of in the remodel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the kind review of your recent stay at our property. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. I will certainly pass your compliments on to Aaron our breakfast cook. He really appreciates hearing them. We have already started our renovation. The Front Desk area is just about finished ( we are still waiting on our window coverings to be delivered.) The furnishings and carpeting for the guest rooms has arrived and is currently being installed. We hope you will come and see our new look on your next trip to Prescott.
Las Cruces, NM, United States
Reviewed 2 January 2014

This Best Western is clean, neat and has a super breakfast. It is updating it's lobby and the desk personnel were great. The Mexican restaurant attached to the Best Western Prescottonian is also good.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I travel to Prescott for business every month or so and I always stay here when I do. The service is friendly and fast, and the rooms are clean. I choose this hotel because of its location - it is close to one of my offices and it has the added perk of being about a mile from the downtown Square which is awesome. This hotel does not have the historic charm of some of the other hotels in the downtown area, but if you are looking for a standard, clean, quality hotel room this is a great choice. The rooms are huge! I've stayed here 4-5 times and every one has been huge so I'm assuming all of them are. I really appreciate the microwave and mini fridge in every room since I'm usually by myself and bring take-out back to the room. The mexican restaurant attached to the hotel is awesome! I always order take-out there and would recommend it to anyone. Only things that I didn't like were the water pressure in the shower, it is typically pretty low pressure. And the lighting in the bathrooms is dim so it can make it difficult for me to put on my makeup in the morning. Currently the hotel is under renovation. There was some construction in the lobby area and the GM mentioned they are updating the rooms. I don't necessarily care about the cosmetic features of the hotel since I'm just here for business and am just looking for a clean, quiet hotel. The staff are always friendly and most of them remember me when I come back, especially the GM. And I can't forget - the complimentary hot breakfast is awesome!! It's one of the best hotel hot breakfasts I've had and it's always so clean - even the coffee bar. Standard rooms typically range around $90. Would definitely recommend this hotel and I would stay here for my personal stays as well.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Debbie B, Manager at Best Western Prescottonian, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thank you, thank you! You certainly highlighted every special attribute we offer. From our large, clean rooms to our amazing associates; it was great to read that we get it right on most accounts. I do apologize about the problem with the water pressure, we hope to have it corrected very soon. We also are improving the lighting in the vanity area of our guest rooms. We have recently started a major remodel of our entire property. Everything from our lobby and breakfast room, to our guest rooms, exteriors and our parking lot are being completely renovated. Thank you for sharing with other travelers. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 29 December 2013

It began with easy access from a busy street - helped by the arrow sign. Upon entering, we were greeted with a smile, a warm, "Welcome to the Prescottonian". The desk clerk, Jeff, helped me with a room location problem. He handled it easily and professionally. Our room was ready, warm, clean, and quiet.
The variety at the complimentary breakfast was excellent, the food properly prepared, and the room and tables kept spotless.
At checkout, Alan, one of the managers, took the time to explain a few of the local features we might be interested in seeing.
All in all, it was one of the most welcoming experiences we have enjoyed.

Room Tip: Ask about the 'back exit' if you are departing to the north; it saves crossing traffic that...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the kind review of your recent stay at our property. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. I will certainly pass your compliments on to Jeff, Allen and to Aaron our breakfast cook. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Prescott.