“Large room, comfortable, clean, very large breakfast buffet”

Best Western Prescottonian
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I stayed here to see my Aunts. I was on a vacation of sorts, but mostly just looking for shelter. Everything was full due to local events. My room cost more than I wanted to pay, but it was nice enough. It is older and outdated, but my room was very clean and spacious. It had 2 queen or king beds and had lots of room to move around in. Everything worked well in the room. TV and WIFI were as usual for a hotel. Onsite laundry had only one washer and one dryer. Parking was tight because the place was 100% booked and some bike event had the parking lot full of trailers. The parking lot is large and looks adequate for the size of the hotel.
Included in the room rate is a very large, cooked breakfast buffet. Everything was good, much better than what I usually get for "free" breakfast at hotels. There is a restaurant on property and it stays pretty busy at night. I did not eat there.
I have a health tip: if you are not accustomed to the higher elevation or dry environment, drink much more water than you usually do. I got a headache and became dehydrated in one day because I am a low-lander from a humid climate. No amount of tylenol, caffeine, or rest helped that horrible headache. I thought I drank enough until I felt so bad. My aunts knew just what it was and made me drink a gallon of water the next day and I felt better. I should have known this ahead of time. So I thought I would share it.

Room Tip: You may not want to face the restaurant if noise bothers you, I believe there is a back side that wo...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Debbie B, Manager at Best Western Prescottonian, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Best Western Prescottonian. Through your comments we are able to measure how we are performing. We have recently started a major remodel of our entire property. Everything from our lobby and breakfast room, to our guest rooms, exteriors and our parking lot are being completely renovated. We look to have the project completed by the spring of 2014. We hope you will come and see our new look on your next trip to Prescott. I do understand that it can get a bit noisy when we are full due to special events, and I apologize for that. Please ask for a room in one of our quieter buildings when you make your reservations and we will be happy to accommodate you.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Check-in was very friendly with excellent information provided on the hotel, the restaurant next door, how to navigate out of the hotel and any other information. Check-in was effortless. The room was spacious with plenty of room, no cramped feeling. Breakfast was very good. The biscuits and cinnamon rolls were fresh made in-house along with other buffet items. Food was fresh and good with a good selection of breads, cereals and the buffet of hot items. The chef was also very friendly and interesting to talk with.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the kind review of your recent stay at our property. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our wonderful breakfast. I will certainly pass your compliments on to Aaron our breakfast cook. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Prescott.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

My stay here was wonderful, very clean, and a great price. The one bummer was it was very noisy my room was located. :( -- I would however stay here again, it is very close to Walmart, In and Out, and Lynx Lake.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write the review of your recent stay at our property. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Went with two friends, never been to the area before. Expected better. Mostly I guess it was the disgusting carpeting in the motel room that put us off. The front desk is also being remodeled which is good for initial business, but once people check in they probably won't come back if something is not done to the rooms. Located right on a major highway, not the prettiest place. Pool was closed. On the plus side, the breakfast was good and I have no complaints there.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Debbie B, Manager at Best Western Prescottonian, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. As you may have noticed during your stay, we have recently started a major remodel of our entire property. Everything from our lobby and breakfast room, to our guest rooms, exteriors and our parking lot are being completely renovated. We look to have the project completed by the spring of 2014.
I apologize for the carpeting in your room. We our new carpeting has been delivered and the crews began installing it in our guest rooms just over a week ago. .

Reviewed 11 January 2014

We have to go to a VA Medical Facility 1-3 times a year in Prescott, AZ. This is the only place to stay. Everyone and everything is always extremely good. It is at the top of our budget but worth every penny. The wonderful breakfast finishes off the trip nicely. I check the business box because you do not have a medical box. this location is great, 1/2 mile from the VA.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 January 2014

The hotel is not expensive but I have the greatest breakfast experience. The service is very good and the food is delicious. The room is clean and spacious and wifi is fast! I am surprised to have this service with the low price.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 January 2014

This hotel is very conveniently located in the lovely city of Prescott, Arizona. The staff was friendly and helpful. Of special note is Aaron, the breakfast host. He goes out of his way to make sure the delicious breakfast is hot and presented well. I had the best cup of coffee in my life in his breakfast room. Rooms were large and it was very quiet for being so close to a busy street. They will soon be undertaking a large remodeling project. Our room did show signs of wear and the carpet was dirty, but the front desk host assured me that this will all be taken care of in the remodel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the kind review of your recent stay at our property. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. I will certainly pass your compliments on to Aaron our breakfast cook. He really appreciates hearing them. We have already started our renovation. The Front Desk area is just about finished ( we are still waiting on our window coverings to be delivered.) The furnishings and carpeting for the guest rooms has arrived and is currently being installed. We hope you will come and see our new look on your next trip to Prescott.