“Best in the West”

SpringHill Suites Prescott
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Reviewed 4 April 2014

SpringHill Suites is a property that is "fresh" and very accommodating. The lobby area is a pleasure to be in as it feels like home. The staff from the front desk to attendants serving and cleaning are the best I have experienced anywhere. They know their job, have been well trained, and know they are there to support the hotel guests. We have stayed in the hotel on two occasions, once during Christmas holidays and once during Valentine's day and have found that this is where we will always stay when visiting Prescott and the beautiful downtown area of the most beautiful city in Arizona. As such, we have made reservations for three other visits to this hotel in 2014 to enjoy the art festivals and other activities that Prescott does so well. I rate this hotel as "world class" with five star's plus.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Hal578

Reviewed 31 March 2014

My wife and our two younger kids stayed for the week, m-f. We the rooms are spacious and clean and the staff was friendly, knowledgable and attentive. The pool is clean. The fitness equipment was maintained if minimal. I would think that any "uglies" would present themselves in 5 nights but none did. I think this is a very well staffed and managed hotel. 2 lomg blocks from the square so its convenient to the restaurants and shopping.

NOTE: if you have to cross Prescott Valley during rush hours try this. Go norht on 89 to 89A then East to Fain road and back south to 69. MUCH less traffic it proved to be a pain relieving bypass.

The hotel has a cool patio area with a large grill guests can use and heat lamp/torches to keep warm at night. We didn't use it but we were tempted given the length of our stay and the fact that it shares a parking lot with an Albertsons.

Also - the dry cleaner they use is in the same parkinglot as well - Mountain Aire. They cleaned my 4 food-stained Tommy Bahama shirts perfectly and quickly - but it cost $7/ea. Worht it to me not to have to trash $100+ shirts wiht low miles.

My only "niggle" is that the free breakfast is lame. Must be powdered eggs. Greasy sausage/bacon. bad juice. etc... they should do better becasue everything else they do well.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I would try for a top (3rd) floor.If you're traveling in hot weather ask for them to turn on the...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank LarryMux
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We found this hotel by accident, needing a place between Williams and Tucson after a long day at the Grand Canyon. We needed two queen beds for a couple and 15 year old daughter, and were given a handicapped suite by chance; I cannot comment on any other configuration. The living area was large and well-equipped, with ample charging room for all electronics. All three of us could sit and read comfortably. The beds were amazingly soft; the linens seemed freshly ironed and were amazing to stretch out in after a long day. The breakfast was standard for hotels. All staff were very friendly and smiling. The only reason I do not give it five stars is I would like to see a variety of yogurts, cereals, and fruits in the morning.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sewist2014
Reviewed 13 March 2014

My husband and I stayed for two nights at the hotel. First let me say that I have a hard time rating a hotel such as Springhill Suites. I prefer to stay in luxury hotels and in some cities that we visit they are not to be found. My husband and I travel extensively, and as such we are a bit more critical when reviewing a hotel. We were visiting friends in Prescott and decided that the Springhill Suites was our best option compared to the other hotels in the city. In reading the Trip Advisor reviews before booking this hotel, I was impressed at the reviews. But please let me state this is simply NOT a four or five star hotel. I am concerned when others on Trip Advisor rate it so highly that it will leave the wrong impression. The fact is that this is a very nice three star hotel. It meets all the general requirements of a Springhill Suite. Our room was clean, the breakfast typically a three star breakfast, and the common areas were clean and up to date. As such, it is a great option to stay in Prescott and my husband and I would recommend staying here when you are visiting Prescott. It is right across the street from an Albertson’s, and walking distance to some local fun and nice restaurants and bars.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Always5Star
JL J, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Prescott, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

We strive to deliver to all our guests the cleanest accommodations and the very best service.
Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We originally planned to stay for just one night but it was so nice and in a great location so we decided to stay a second night. The staff were very helpful and friendly, room was spacious and very comfortable, and the breakfast was very good. We were able to walk to the historical area of Prescott and check out the area. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2014

we came there for just one night but found the rooms very comfortable and clean.....breakfast is excellent................location very convenient to other places to eat..............we appreciated having both USAToday and the Wall Street Journal available; ditto the ice water in the lobby.........the doors shut relatively quietly unlike so many places, a real plus.......we liked the presence of books and magazines and the fireplace too............we are really pleased with this chain wherever we go...............

Room Tip: ask for a 'mountain' view...............
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2014

For a number of years we have a family outing in Prescott near the Holidays. 3 couples have a mini-vacation to see the winter wonders of Prescott. Our latest stay provided some amazing interaction with Gabby at the front desk. Gabby is a very talented, extremely service oriented young lady who went to great lengths to make certain that our stay was a memorable experience. Great atmosphere with the fireplace, great hot breakfast, clean rooms, excellent management and staff make this our first choice in Prescott.

Room Tip: ask Gabby!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family