“Nice Room, Bad Service”

Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Gilbert
“Nice Room, Bad Service”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

The hotel lobby and rooms are nice and upgraded, although the air conditioner isn't adjustable and our coffee pot didn't work. Just left balcony door open and we were OK on room temperature. We were on the Prescott side and the view from the balcony was great. Wanted to grab a quick bite from room service but there was no menu in room. Went down to main desk and they had a full menu but no idea of what was offered for in-room dining. Called the restaurant and room service several times, no answer. Went down to the restaurant and placed order, and few choices were still available (8 pm). Went back up to the room and waited 45 minutes for just a salad and chicken wings, still no food. Called down to restaurant and after 3 attempted calls they finally answered. They said it was on the way up (which is only 4 floors above the resturant). Ten minutes later the food showed up and the chicken wings were pretty cool -- definately not warm. It's a nice place to stay overnight but don't expect anything more than a nice room.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
PrescottResort, General Manager at Prescott Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Prescott Resort & Conference Center. Through candid comments from our customers, like yours, we are able to see how we are performing. While I am please to learn how much you enjoyed our guestroom, I was disappointed in the level of service that you experienced at our restaurant. We take pride in our high service levels at the Prescott Resort, unfortunately we fell short during your stay. I have shared your comments at our recent Staff Meeting, and corrective measures are in place.

Should your travel plans find you returning to the Prescott destination, I hope you would consider the Prescott Resort. I would enjoy the opportunity to welcome you back.

Enthusiastically,

Steve Bracety

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I was traveling with my 86 year old father, we had a king handicap suite and the room was as pictured and very nicely done. We had a spectacular view of the mountains. The casino is small but was fun, friendly and very accessible. My only complaint about the room would be the air conditioner it was very noisy when running, I ignored it and did not ask management to do anything. We had a reasonably priced all you can eat pasta dinner in the hotel restaurant and it was well done for a hotel restaurant kudos to the chef lots of interesting items to choose from and a fresh salad with a terrific homemade dressing. Customer service could use a tweak here and there but overall it was a good stay and I'd definitely visit again.

Room Tip: 4th floor overlooking the mountains had a spectacular view, it was a king suite handicap
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Orange County
Reviewed 25 August 2012 via mobile

Nice location if your room faces Prescott. Casino is small and kinda dumpy but that's not why we stayed. Parking for guests should be better than parking for those going to the casino but we ended up in the back. Nice inside and great views.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank ponch68
Douglas, Arizona
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Because we had been to this Resort, and enjoyed our stay previously, we decided to go again. I'm not so sure that we will do it again though. It started off badly when we checked in and I was told that even though I had two flyers that stated the cost of the rooms was $69.00 per night through July 31st and a flyer stating that from August 1 through August 31 there was a $69 block of dates which worked for our schedules..( we scheduled our stay for July 30th through August 1st) they would not honor the $69.00 rate for the second night. When I asked why, I was told that they had a group coming in and that if they honored the $69.00 per night rate for our stay, it would be lower that the rate the group was paying... I never could get a straight answer as to what that had to do with my reservation... I was told that those were the rules in their book ( we ended up paying $129 for the second and third nights ) The room was nice but the maid service was only adequate. Instead of ensuring that used towels were replaced with fresh ones, they were taken and not replaced at all the 1st day. It was somewhat better the 2nd day, The bright spot of the stay was the Casino itself....it was clean, friendly staff and I had a good time there....Maybe next time we will stay someweher close and just frequent the casino!

Room Tip: 2nd and 3rd floors are good... they are close enoug to the Casino to be convienent but far enough aw...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank c M
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed 19 August 2012

We loved the look of the room. We also had a lovely view! We got a room with two beds and one of the beds we had to sleep at an angle because it was broke down. We went to rent a movie and that did not work either. We called down and they said ya it doesn't always work. When I checked out I complained and did not even get an I am sorry for your discomfort and was told they put up a sign that the movies were not working. We could have got a room much cheaper so I was very upset that was not even offered and apology!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with newer beds
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Peoria, AZ
Reviewed 15 July 2012

The place was recently remodeled and looks great. The rooms are decorated really tasteful and the rooms and the resort property is very clean. Hotel staff was very courteous, with the exception of the bartender/wait staff in the lounge. She was down right rude. The service and food was excellent in the restaurant though. The hotel has an indoor pool and jacuzzi which was really nice. We will definitely be going back soon.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 14 July 2012

My son and I could not have been happier with our stay here. Upon arrival they upgraded our room. We had a top of the mountain view! Could go out on the patio from the sliding doors. We decided to eat in the room . It was a suite. Had a bistro table,flat screen TV,armoir, and sofa bed,plus 2 Queen beds and 2nd armoir. Had double vanity sinks,outside bathroom. This divided the rooms. When we discovered that we did not have plates or silverware, staff immediately helped us. Front desk was also very helpful with directions in the area. Would definitely stay again! We stayed 2 nights.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family