Hotel Vendome
Hampton Inn Prescott(Prescott)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$117
US$82
Best Western Prescottonian(Prescott)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$101
The Forest Villas Hotel(Prescott)(Great Value!)
US$108
Hassayampa Inn(Prescott)(Great Value!)
US$111
Holiday Inn Express Prescott(Prescott)(Great Value!)
US$89
SpringHill Suites Prescott(Prescott)(Great Value!)
US$132
Hotel St. Michael(Prescott)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$116
  • Breakfast included
US$144
Grand Highland Hotel(Prescott)(Great Value!)
US$120
Official Site
All reviewsfront porchwhiskey rowcoffee housetom mixgarden tubwine barwithin walking distancehistoric hotelrocking chairsclaw footlobby barcourthouse squarewafflescontinental breakfastother guestsgrandma's housequiet street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 March 2009

We've stayed at the Vendome on three separate occasions. We keep coming back because of its great location, friendly staff, quaint atmosphere and clean rooms. It's only 1 block to downtown Prescott and all the old-time taverns on Whiskey Row - making it an easy crawl back to the room. Prices are reasonable. The Owners/Management are fantastic! The rooms are comfortable. The beer is cold. What more can you ask for? We really enjoy sitting on the rocking chairs on the front porch while enjoying a beverage from the in-house bar and watching all the locals pass on by. They even say "hi" when they go by! It's great - It's like a scene ripped right out of an episode of the Andy Griffith Show.

The only "roach" I ever saw there was some grumpy 65 year old man and his wife trying to get a free night stay!

We'll be back!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NEHuskerz
Reviewed 11 October 2008

Where do I begin...my wife and I stayed the night of October 10th in room 16 of the Hotel Vendome. I chose the hotel for its great location near downtown. We were lucky"" enough to be assigned a room at the very end of the hall where the electrical service box was located on the outside wall. There was an annoying, pulsating electrical hum that resonated into the room to the point where my wife had to stuff toilet paper in her ears in order to get to sleep. About 1:30 am, my wife was awakened by a cockroach crawling on her face. Needless to say, it took us some time to get back to sleep after I killed the roach. As we checked out, I expected the clerk to ask about our stay at which time I planned to express my disappointment but instead the clerk hummed a tune to himself while he processed the credit card receipt and made no eye contact and didn't speak a word to me. I'm 65 years old and have traveled extensively in the U.S., Canada and Europe and this was the worst night my wife and I have ever spent in a hotel.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank TempeArizonaDavid
VendomeHotel, Owner at Hotel Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2009

We have agonized over this review. We have even discussed it with some of the other B&B and hotel owners since this same person has given some other awful accounts of staying at their places too. We can't quite figure out the part about the electric box. If they stayed at the end of the hall in room 16, it is on the second floor. Our electric box is on the first floor located in the middle of the building. Our heat and air kick on and off, but other than that, we can't figure out what they were hearing during the night. As far as a cockroach...never has a guest complained about that, nor have we or our housekeepers ever seen one here. We once had a beehive located under an eve, but had it exterminated as soon as it was found. Since then, we have regularly scheduled exterminations as a preventative precaution. University Pest Control inspects regularly and records their findings. We would be happy to share their reports with anyone who asks. Calling us a "roach motel" is about as hurtful as it gets and could damage our family business tremendously. Our greatest concern is that we want everyone who comes here to have a positive experience and try to do everything we can to make it so. We can't figure out who this person was from his description of his experience here. Nor has anything happened here that is similar to what he is describing that makes us recall his stay. We wish we could speak with him directly and would welcome direct and honest communication. We would like to hear about his stay from his perspective to understand exactly what happened. Frank and Kathie Langford, owners.

Reviewed 15 July 2008

This is a hotel with charm. It is an historic curiousity and an intersting place to stay because of that. Do not expect spacious rooms or any of the accoutrements of purpose-built hotel chains but revel in the many other features. The owner and service staff are friendly and will provide information about places of interest in Prescott. The town, itself, has many qualitites. Try to visit the Sharlott Museum for instance. Nearby Jerome is also something not to be missed. The Rose restaurant, recommended by Hotel Vendome, is excellent.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Rambler55
Reviewed 14 July 2008

I rented two rooms (the one with the ghost and the one in front) and both were clean and comfortable. Room 16 (with the ghost) had a very small bathroom and a square bathtub similar to that in some hospitals.

The other room had a bigger bathroom, with a nice old tub (old but CLEAN). They provide soap made in Prescott, which I thought was nice since nothing seems to be original anymore :-) They also had all the other toilettries.

Breakfast was a little croweded and very basic. Coffee, juice, milk, cereals, and bread.

I liked that it was close to downtown, so we could walk to it.

Like I said, it was just enough.... and we went in the low season, so the price was just right.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Psykiya
Reviewed 7 July 2008

I spent two nights at the Hotel Vendome over the 4th of July weekend and thoroughly enjoyed the hotel. I was greeted when I arrived by one of the owner's, Frank, and was quite impressed when he addressed me by name the following morning during breakfast. Frank and his wife were quite gracious hosts.

The location of the hotel was perfect for my needs. Just a couple of blocks from Whiskey Row and the Courthouse Plaza where many holiday events were staged during the entire weekend (arts & crafts fair, live bands at the courthouse, boot races, etc.) and only a couple of miles to the rodeo grounds. The hotel is also located along the parade route. Guests could sit on the chairs or benches on the veranda or in chairs on the sidewalk and enjoy the 170+ parade entries roll by.

While the hotel is reputed to be haunted by former owner Abbie and her cat, I did not have the opportunity to encounter them.

The hotel really does have a bed and breakfast feel to it and I enjoyed getting to know some of the other guests.

I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled solo