“Average at best”

Cuisines: Japanese
Prescott, Arizona
“Average at best”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The sushi here is average at best. But they charge the same as a fine sit down sushi restaurant. My wife and I thought maybe we would find a nice little gem, hole in the wall, sushi establishment, but instead found a tiny little over-priced avaerage sushi eatery. In my opinoin the best sushi in the Prescott area is still Esoji's in downtown Prescott.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Mark S

Prescott
“Love this place!”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I live in Prescott Valley and this is my go to place when I don't have time to cook. The food is always fresh and the different rolls make it a different meal everytime you go in. The eel sauce on anything is my favorite. The husband and wife owners do a great job and have even taken a request from me. I cannot say enough great things about this little eatery. Don't let the locatiion fool you.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank RBunny22
Rimrock, Arizona
“Nearly perfect.”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Okay, so we were REALLY hungry and at first we wondered if that was why the food seemed so good. Who expects to find a tiny gem like this at the tail end of a strip mall near a pizza joint and a laundromat?

And there are only two tables. Two. Yes, they have four chairs at each table, but it would have to be pretty thin people to be able to have room to eat.

But there is a bench to wait for take-out orders, which is what the place seems to specialize in. A to-go order went out about every ten minutes while were there at 2:30 p.m. Mostly it was students who were picking up bags crammed with take-out. Which was interesting considering that it's not particulary cheap, but it is a good value for great food.

So forget the location and decor, the place is clean and the Dragon Roll was fantastic, the Dynamite Roll a big hit with my hubby. Yes, it took a few minutes for our food to arrive, but there were only two people in the kitchen, one cooking, one creating gorgeous sushi items. The cook (maybe owner?) actually prepared fresh tempura batter for our order and delivered it so fresh and hot, we had to wait for it to cool while we devoured our rolls. He has a slightly goofy personality that we enjoyed.

The salad dressing was good, but I might have seen some iceberg, which is a big no-no for me. The servings were substantial as well as decorative, the water glasses kept full, the extra ginger and low-salt soy sauce delivered with a smile. The exhaust fan was excellent and that fried fat/smoky smell that can hang over certain Japanese restaurants was non-existent.

We left there happy and full, if a little light in the wallet. Next time we're in Prescott we will definitely eat here again.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Tbyrd2211
Maple Valley, Washington
“Ono Sushi!! We can move to Prescott Valley, Arizona now!!”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

My husband, Wayne and I live in Maple Valley, Washington. We have family and friends in Prescott Valley, Arizona and we come down here at least once a year. Wayne is from Hawaii, and so he's been eating sushi his whole life, not to mention he is also Japanese. Those things being said, I myself have loved sushi and sashimi for as long as I can remember. The owners are a husband and wife team, Justin does a lot of behind the scenes work and prepping, and his lovely wife, Noriko creates delicious (Ono!) sushi. We went there several times on our last visit down in October of 2013. http://www.Sushijexpress.com You can check out their menu & pricing. Several of our new "favorite" menu items are: Philadelphia roll, Salmon Skin (oh, you MUST try this!!), Momotaru roll, Spicy Sushi Platter 40 pieces of heaven (GREAT for two people, you can take a few leftovers home for a snack later LOL) Wayne really loved his Tempura Udon noodles. I'm so thankful that Justin and Noriko have settled in just over 3 years now. Super fresh ingredients and an attention to details make this one of our newest "go to restaurants" in Prescott Valley. For those of you putting together a home management binder. Put this menu in yours, you won't regret it!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Keleia
“Excellent Sushi”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I have been going here for over a year and the food and service has always been excellent. I have taken many friends here who are now frequent customers. My favorite item is the Crunchy Roll.

• Visited June 2013