“CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY IT AGAIN”

StoneRidge Golf Course
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My husband and I recently stayed in Prescott and played StoneRidge. We both thoroughly enjoyed the course. It is definitely target golf as the designer respected the natural lay of the land and didn't bulldoze the property. I have a 23 handicap and my husband is a 13 and we both found the course to be challenging but fun. Our clubs travel with us everywhere and we love to play new courses. We are already planning to go back to Prescott and play StoneRidge again; it is well worth the trip to experience this course.

To address some of the criticism about this course, between the two of us we lost three golf balls and that's only because we weren't familiar with the course. We have found too often people come to a new course and play the wrong tees. Be smart when you pick your tees since there are a lot of elevation changes. If you're realistic about your game and pick the correct tees, you will enjoy a wonderful golf experience!

The staff were very accommodating. We were able to get out early and played in four hours on a Thursday so we had no issues with that at all. We'll definitely play it again!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

First to play here you should be realistic and play the proper tees. Be prepared for a 5 hour round because of distances between holes. This is not typical golf, the course is tricked up and you must hit the right spots on the fairways for a fair approach. The greens have a lot of moguls which you don't know about until you have played at least 3 times so be be prepared to three putt. The sand traps are in deplorable condition because of poor golf etiquette. I would play again because of accrued knowledge. Uphill holes are relatively short downhill longer. Par threes are target golf.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My buddy and I went there early on a weekend morning in July. The lot was almost empty and we got right on the course. Originally from the mid-west, this course was very different for me. It has extreme differences in elevation on many holes. Our golf cart had to be stout to climb some of the inclines on the course.

The course itself was in fine shape. The greens rolled true and many greens had challenging breaks. There are several tee choices for golfers of different talent. The fairways are wide but many narrow down in the hitting areas. Driver isn't always your best choice on par 4's and 5's.

We were able to play in under 4 hours which is always a plus. There was nice clubhouse, but we were off the course so early that we didn't try and food.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

It is a challenging course but once you learn the layout it's great fun. The course is beautiful
with elevation changes and interesting holes to meet your golf needs.

1  Thank FRANKLIN D
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Great course, you need to hit it straight but the elevation helps on your distance. I had the advantage of playing with 3 locals who saved me a few times. No walkers allowed but that is because of the distance green to next tee

1  Thank Mike H