“It's my home course, so a bit prejudices”

The Golf Club at Johnson Ranch
Ranked #7 of 17 things to do in Queen Creek
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I don't come to golf with the staff, so they are irrelevant once you tee off. The course is two very different 9's. The front very basic as it meanders through the houses. However, the back 9 is very nice - excellent challenges, nice scenery and quite fun to play.

2  Thank Ed K
There are newer reviews for The Golf Club at Johnson Ranch

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My favorite day to go to The Golf Club at Johnson Ranch is Tuesday for Taco Tuesday. I love sitting outside on the Terrace. The view is exceptional. It is a very relaxed setting. They have fans and misters, which make the patio very comfortable. There is also inside seating for those non outdoors types that need A/C this time of year.

The taco's are $1 . . . and are great. It is the best value with the most scenic view in all of the East Valley.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

The price matched the quality of the course.
Unlimited golf balls on range, but forward tees didn't allow for warming up with driver, which was disappointing. I would go back and play again.
Good prices on new golf clubs, may purchase a set next visit.

1  Thank gerald l
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I got kicked off the practice facility for helping my 64 year old dad hit pitch shots because Chad Brown, the head pro, said I wasn't allowed to "give lessons" on his golf course. This occurred in front of my dad, mom and my wife. What a joke. All the while there was a dad with his 7 or 8 year old son on the driving range line and the dad was trying to help his son hit balls all the while the 7 or 8 year old was tearing up all the turf on the driving range. I paid $20 for my dad and I to hit balls on the range and we never made it that far before getting kicked off. Chad Brown you are a black eye on the golf industry and if you worked for me and I saw you treat the public the way you treated me I would have fired you on the spot.

10  Thank Martin R
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The prices at this time of year are very reasonable, the course was in great shape but we particularly love the back nine which winds its way through the hills.
Not a lot of water holes but #18 can be a problem, the views from some of the back nine holes are first class, so take a camera.
One of the only perennial problems with JR is the pace of play, especially if you are playing after some of the member groups, its painfully slow, so be prepared for in excess of 4 and a half hours.
Friendly staff and the food is pretty good from time to time