“Good food, nothing special” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Queen Creek, AZ
“Good food, nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

I had the elk and buffalo meatloaf which was very good and was an exceptionally large portion. My wife had whitefish which she thought a bit spicy and the portion on the small side. Our server was on his second day on the job so the service was not great, but it was OK. Interesting decor, full size body mounts of bears in the center of the restaurant with mounted heads on the walls.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank RAS1500

Phoenix
“The service was excellent, animals were great, but the food was average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

My wife wanted Outback steakhouse but the adventurer in me wanted to try something new. We know of some top-notch steakhouses in the valley but they are all towards the Tempe and Phoenix areas, so when I saw good reviews for a steakhouse in the East Valley I was excited to give it a try.

The bill was what you would expect for a top notch steakhouse but the meal definitely was not. The steaks were good but we were told they were out of A1 and they didn't have any more baked potatoes. We ate our steaks without sauce and had to settle for french fries - which were NOT steak fries and actually looked and tasted like what you'd find in a frozen bag of fries from the supermarket. The 'mixed vegetables' on the side appeared to be some type of ground up spinach and it was soaked in vinegar. So essentially on my Big Dan plate for $32 I had spinach that I couldn't eat because it was horrible, frozen french fries instead of a baked potato, and a steak (that was good) but had no steak sauce to go along with it.

Three of us went to dinner and none of us enjoyed the meal, including my six year old son. How do you mess up a kids hamburger? While the service was nice and my son loved all of the cool animals on the wall, I left knowing that I really should have gone to Outback instead.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank mypctechs
Phoenix
“Nice view food ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

I love the animals and the wide range of meals. The food was just ok.

• Visited June 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“Nice neighborhood non chain steak house!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

We discovered this place on a drive and decided to try it. It's a family owned steak house. Their theme is big game. The resturant interior is rustic with plenty of trophy game on display. It was large and airy- nicely done. A liitle disappointed that the wild games cuts were unavailable - really wanted to try it. My husband had the ribeye - well seasoned and cooked perfectly. It had a nice smokey flavor. I tried the prime rib - it was ok not fantastic. I thought it was a liitle chewy. Entres included salad or soup. Good value for what u get. Beer menu was fantastic! We went on a Friday night and it was busy do make reservations or you will wait.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank stinkykitty
Queen Creek, Arizona, United States
“Cool place to have dinner with outdoor-sie types”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

The prime rib is delicious. Decore is unique, service is good, specials are always interesting. Have been 3 times and will go again.

Visited February 2012