“Greek Italian food done right with smiling servers.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Nonna Vivi Wood Oven Pizzeria
Ranked #4 of 13 Restaurants in Rio Rico
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Bellingham
“Greek Italian food done right with smiling servers.”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This place is an absolute gem. Eaten here several times now and love the food here. The gyros is my favorite dish. The food is so super fresh and delicious. You can even see into the kitchen as they stretch out the dough for your freshly made pizza. The servers greet you with a smile and remember their guests.
I don't live in or anywhere near the quaint little town Rio Rico, AZ, but this is a place I would go to on a regular basis if I did...and wish that it was. This is the kind if place that would thrive, even if it were in or closer to a big city.
Job very well done here.

• Visited July 2014

Green Valley, AZ
“Return Visit for Wood Oven Pizza”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Once again enjoyed our Sausage Pizza with Red Sauce instead of the pesto offered. Great thin crust. Very disappointed in their Antipasto Salad. Probably the worst one we have had due to the fact there was hardly anything to it. Small bits of cheese and meat. Their other salads looked better.

• Visited June 2014
Arizona
“Worth waiting for a table to get great thin crust pizza. They take good care of thier customers.”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Great thin crust, even a plain cheese pizza is great but the pesto sauces are the best. The salads are good - even my kids will eat them. Adequate wine and beer selection to go with the meals. I've liked all the pasta dishes I've tried there. The only item on the menu that I would not order again are the gyros - they are the same as you would get at any of a dozen places in the area, so I doubt that they are actually created in the kitchen. Our family meals, including tip and a drink or two for the adults, average around $13 per person - a good value. The seating is limited so we often have to wait for a table, but it is worth the wait.

• Visited April 2014
Tucson, Arizona
“Frosty Beer”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I was looking forward to eating at Nonna Vivi during my drive to Rio Rico from Tucson. The reviews were very good!

After arriving, the restaurant was 1/4, or less, full. I was told that I must sit outside, due to reservations made for patrons 1.5 hours ahead of me. I reluctantly agreed to my outdoor seat, although I could not understand how or why I would occupy a seat for 1.5 hours by myself. I'm sure it happens, but I'm guessing it is not very often.

Besides that, the serving staff was very helpful, cordial and timely.

I ordered the 9" Margherita style pizza. It was perfectly done, but left something lacking.

Most memorable were the frosty, ice cold mugs of Negra Modelo.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank David P
Nogales, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden jewel of Rio Rico”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

It takes a little bit to find this place, tucked under the columns in a strip mall (adjacent to Garrett's Supermarket), but worth the discovery. The owner/chef, Gaston, and his wife go out of their way to make a nice evening with their great pizzas, salads and desserts, many times using produce supplied by the local distributors (try the eggplant rolls!). Service is friendly, Latin-style, and ambiance is warm and comfortable. In an area with few good restaurants, Nona's is a blessing. We locals need to keep supporting this place.

• Visited February 2014