“Surprisingly Good Meal”

La Bocanita
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Rio Rico
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: They are located off the Frontage Road. Fantastic seafood and outstanding fish tacos. The quacamole is amazing.
Fountain Hills, Arizona
“Surprisingly Good Meal”
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Surprisingly good meal! Friends brought us to this small, but clean restaurant. On our own, my husband and I probably would have not walked in. We're very glad we did. The waitress was kind enough to bring me a small portion of their white sauce so I could determine if it were too hot for me. It was delicious. Two of us had a shrimp lunch entree with the cream sauce. Both commented on the generous portion of shrimp. Two of us had a whitefish - one in the white sauce, one in a chipotle sauce. Each came with rice and Cole slaw. We were all equally pleased, satisfied and full!

The only suggestion I might make is to improve the English on the menu. But when we are next in the area, we certainly will visit again.

Visited May 2014

Rio Rico, Arizona
“Seafood in the desert”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

La Bocanita offers seafood, Mexican food, steaks and burgers, but seafood is its real specialty. We went on a Tuesday night and the restaurant was packed. We had to wait some time for our food, but we had chips and HOT salsa to tide us over. My shrimp was delicious. My husbands seafood and steak platter was also very good. The restaurant is small and full of tables. Too bad they don't have room to expand!!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Karen H
Green Valley
“A Excellent Seafood Meal!”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We had a reserved table on a busy weekend evening; but it took a long while before a server arrived. This is a family atmosphere, and an excellent musician was performing. Each of us had different menu items, and we were all pleasantly surprised with the exceptional quality of the food. This restaurant is known for its variety of seafood selections. I had the skewered shrimp which was nicely presented, and it was an excellent choice. We all plan to return!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank azbluskyz
Tucson, Arizona
“Perhaps, stick with the seafood”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

While visiting Rio Rico for the Nogales Bicycle Classic, I was told by a local to check out La Bocanita.

I arrived a bit after 12PM on a Saturday. The restaurant had a handful of patrons enjoying their meals.

The waitress seated me at a table right by the cash register/door. I generally find such seating "code" for something derogatory or uncaring, especially if there are many other tables available.

I ordered the shredded beef tacos in corn tortillas and Negra Modelo for a drink.

Perhaps it is a local thing, but the shredded beef was more like chopped and squared fajita chunks. The meal was nice, but not what I expected. My bad on that... I should have asked more questions before ordering.

On that note, the staff spoke in Spanish, which is to be expected in Rio Rico. Brush up on your Spanish before ordering. :)

The Negra Modelo drafts are awesome. The glass (~pint) is chilled and the price was ~$3.00.

Next time, I'll skip the lunch tacos and go straight for the seafood dinner.

Dave

• Visited March 2014
newbury
“Bullseye”
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

This is pescado at it best....fish .......Veracruz excellente!! No kidding wisdom cafe get the crowds so go there if you like wait.... Bocanita is every aspect better.... Food, service, and price.... Take my word for it Muy delicoso.....

Visited March 2014