“Great stay”

Esplendor Resort at Rio Rico
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rio Rico
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We have never stayed in a resort before so we were not sure what to expect for one with an affordable price, but we enjoyed it. The rooms did seem kind of old but it wasnt run down. We had an amazing view and the restaurant was delicious. We really enjoyed our stay and hope to go back again.

• Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We only stayed one night at this hotel but I wish we could have stayed a day or two longer to enjoy the grounds and facilities. It's true that is not a "new" hotel so the room could have been spruced up a bit but I liked that each room had either a small private patio or balcony with table and chairs to sit outside. Our room was clean and comfortable. The grounds have a resort feel to them. We didn't have the opportunity to try the restaurant but when we passed by there was live music.

My only complaint is the five flights of stairs that we had to drag our luggage up to get to our ground level room.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CS192
Reviewed 1 July 2014

His hotel is very nice with the big pool and hot tub, not to mention the views. The food is great, the staff are super helpful as well. One thing I would like to see, is an update of the rooms. The rooms is old and had some dirtiness to it. Just a remodel and this hotel is good to go. At least it's close to everything, so not bad in my opinion.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank zombie1979
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Very old!!! the rooms are late 70. the place is a ZERO! we checked in the room was so HOT took two hours to cool down. we were going to stay two nights but found the Tubac Resort and moved that day.

please read this. not worth the deal!!!

Room Tip: ground floor only NO Elevators and no help with the bags. NO ELEVATORS
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sedonahart
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Went down to AZ for a cousins wedding, I was able to get an early check in at the hotel around 130pm. Which we were really happy about since we had to be at the church at 4. Upon getting into the room the shower curtain was on the bedroom floor and was broken so I was not able to fix it myself. I called the Front desk and was told someone would be coming up but 20 mins later no one had came so I had to send my kids to my parents and sisters room to take a shower. During that time my son found a brown recluse spider right by the bed, it had a web from the bed to the nightstand. I understand its the desert and it happens but it was obvious the room had not been occupied or cleaned in several days. I called the Front desk again and told them about the spider and shower curtain again and was told someone will be up right away. I waited another 20 mins before I called and asked to speak to a manager, then someone was in the room within 5 mins. I was late to the wedding and frustrated that it took so long to get someone in the room and 3 calls later. Other than that incident, i had no problems with the room but was not able to get comfortable sleep.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Martha B
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Although this resort has seen better days, it is still pleasant and a very reasonably priced getaway during a hot southern Arizona summer. The setting is spectacular, the staff is extremely accomodating and friendly, the food and drink is good, the pool refreshing, and overall it provides a visitor with a charming borderland experience. Nearby is the charming city of Nogales (AZ, and Sonora, Mexico if you have your passport to return to the USA), Tumacácori National Monument, Peña Blanca Lake and Madera Canyon. Also nearby is the town of Tubac with art galleries, a historic state park, and terrific restaurants.

Room Tip: You get a choice between a pool-view room, overlooking the expansive courtyard and grounds; or a mou...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KatunAhaw
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Picturesque resort setting with numerous amenities including the huge, sparkling pool. First trip was for pleasure & recent visit was for a conference. Friendly, helpful staff, fantastic food & memorable outings abound in every direction. Great birding venue & stunning sunsets from the Sunset Deck.

Room Tip: Mountain or pool views both nice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Quality Hotel Americana Nogales
Fiesta Inn Nogales
Fiesta Inn Nogales
#1 of 7 in Nogales

Been to Esplendor Resort at Rio Rico? Share your experiences!