“Clean hotel, spacious rooms, bit noisy”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Safford
Reviewed 17 November 2012

A very clean hotel that also feels very new (or newly renovated). Spacious rooms, proper bathroom with all the toiletries one needs (and supposedly anything you need extra at no charge at the reception - didn't try that though). Unfortunately no soundproofing thus neighboring conversations, slamming doors on the hallway, bathtubs and even windsounds on the roof are audible.
Good location very close to the center of Safford, walking distance to several good restaurants - no necessity to go to the below-average restaurant across the street.
Free breakfast with many choices especially on the eggs & meat side of things, unfortunately 100% disposable everything, and a lack of fresh products.
WLAN worked like a charm.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Tammy M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2012

Thank you so much for choosing your Quality Inn & Suites during your recent stay and for taking the time to provide us with your comments and feedback. We were pleased to see that the accommodations were to your liking and apologize for any inconvenience regarding the noise. We wish that we could offer real plates and silverware for breakfast, however, we are restricted by our franchise. The breakfast crew was pleased to hear that you enjoyed their efforts. The MH acoss the street was interested to know anythign they could do differently to improve your experience there. Please feel free to email at gm@visitsafford.com if you would like to comment further so I can pass it on to them. Again thank you for your time and patronage. We hope to be able to host you in the future.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed 24 October 2012

This hotel was okay on the outside. Stayed there because we were in Safford for work. Once inside the desk clerk was friendly and helpful. However...The lobby had cookie crumbs all over the floor, same ones for 2 days. The elevator was stinky and creaked like the cables were about to snap. The hallway walls and tables in the hallway were dirty. The bathroom was dirty, and the linens, especially the washcloths looked as if they hadn't been washed in a while. Also the A/C was extremely loud and ineffective, and the walls were so thin that I didn't sleep for 2 days.

The bed was comfortable and the breakfast was okay. I will definitely not be staying here again. There are many choices in Safford and the surrounding communities that are much cleaner and more relaxing!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Tammy M, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2012

Please accept our gratitude for choosing our property and our apologies for your experience. It is our goal to always put our best foot forward in regards to staff and accommodations. Your comments have been turned over to the head of housekeeping and maintenance and will be used for training purposes. We would welcome the opportunity to speak with you about this further, as this venue does not give us enough information to be able to look up what room you were in, so we can investigate further and put a more comprehensive plan in place to assure it does not happen with another guest. Please feel free to email me at gm@visitsafford.com or call me at 928-651-1000. While noone likes to receive complaints we do appreciate it when someone brings their disappointment to our attention. It gives us the opportunity to change. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 30 September 2012 via mobile

Everyone here was very friendly and helpful. The building and room was clean
The refrigerator was full of water and tilted so it spilled all over the floor. The bathroom door didn't stau closed and the air conditioner was very noisy.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Teamconcho

Thank you so much for your patronage and comments. We were pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and your compliments will be shared with our staff. It was disappointed to read about the refrigerator, bathroom door and A/C unit. We looked through the maintenance and front desk log book for September to see if we could identify the room, but could not find where it had been reported. If you would like to give us your name or room # that you stayed in, you can do so at the email address gm@visitsafford.com. That way we could make sure this did not happen to future guests. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience. We hope to be able to host you in the future and thank you for bringing these items to our attention, and again please accept our apologies for having to do so.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

This was a very nice room, clean, attractive, very helpful, friendly service, good food for the free breakfast. good location - easy access. We would recommend this motel to our friends and family - Quality Inn's are realiable for good service and clean rooms

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Debra T

Thank you for your patronage. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your comments and feedback. It was nice to know that you enjoyed your time with us. Your comments will be shared with the entire staff. Your comments regarding the reliability and consistency of the Quality Inn brand will be shared with corporate as well. Someday we hope to be able to host you again.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

Clean rooms, attractive lobby, pleasant receptionist, good selection of breakfast foods and there was an attendant to make sure that items were restocked as needed. The hotel is conveniently located on Hwy 70 and there is a restaurant across the street.

Room Tip: There's an option to stay in the casitas. We were offered this choice but opted for a standard...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beamc

Thank you so much for choosing your Quality Inn & Suites during your recent stay in Safford and for taking the time to provide your feedback. We were pleased to see that you enjoyed the hotel and that our staff was friendly and accommodating. Again thank you for your time and patronage. We hope to be able to host you in the future.

Reviewed 21 July 2012

Horrible experience! 7/9/2012
We went to Safford to bury a 35 year old Man in Clifton. (Unexpectedly)
I had made reservations at the Days Inn, but was called by one of the Family Members and told to change my reservation to the Quality in next door. I was told that the rooms smelled like urine and I have pictures of the green pool.
After calling the Days Inn numbers where I talked to an outsourced country, I was informed that I would not be able to cancel my reservation due to me not doing it within 48 hours. I tried to explaine to them that I was told that the Hotel would not meet my expectations. Of course as we all know what it is like to talk to outsourced people in India or wherever I was connected to.
I did make reservations at the Quality inn next door.
That is where this gets interesting.
First of all there are many of us staying there and the Kids want to swim. But not in a green pool. (Days Inn)
As I am checking in I told the front desk woman who I was, and that I had a reservation. I paid for the room and as I was leaving the desk my Cell phone rang. It was the General Manager of the Days Inn. She informed me that She had Canceled my reservation and that it was based on the fact that (I was told by one of the Phone Contacts to say that I could not make the trip) I was not going to be able to make the reservation. Instead of confrontation of why I really didn't want to stay at the Days Inn, I agreed with the General Manager and just went along with it.
About 2 seconds later after hanging up. A Woman came out and shouted out my name. I turned around and said Yes. She then announced that she was the General Manager of Both Hotels and "Sorry you couldn't make the trip"
Now Inferrior accomodations and an attitude are not things we want to deal with when Burying a Family member. All we got including the immediate family was grief from this "General Manager"! Not that we had enough to deal with. Apparently a few of the people who backed out of the Reservations were charged for the night that they did not stay at the Days Inn Safford.
The "General Managers" name is Tammy Mayhew.
And you can Guarentee that I will share this story alot!
"Do the Right Thing"

Room Tip: Do the right thing!
Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Brad F
Tammy M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2012

We are very sorry for not only some of the experience you had, but for the reason that necessitated your trip at all. These moments are always difficult. We are pleased that you chose our hotel/s during this time. I am disappointed that you were frustrated with the Wyndham call center (Days Inn), and I have forwarded your comments to them, especially where they encouraged you to lie to get out of a reservation. That should never happen. If we had simply been contacted directly, as we contacted you, after you complained to franchise to say you'd been charged for your room, it may have had a different outcome. Upon investigation we had discovered that you actually never were charged for your room at Days and that your reservation indeed had been cancelled.

Again we apologize if your original accommodations at the other hotel were going to be unsatisfactory, as this was never expressed to their team. And we are glad that you and other members of your party were comfortable here at the Quality Inn, and that people were able to enjoy as much of their stay as can be expected during this time. Again, we were appalled to here that the call center had encouraged you to lie, as we would have been more than happy to simply cancel, transfer or accommodate you in anyway, if we'd known how unhappy you were with your original choice.

I personally apologize, if my actions were interpreted as rude. I guess I was a little taken aback when speaking with you on the phone, when I realized the person I was talking to, was actually checking in at another of our hotel's front desks, just a few feet from where I was, while telling me how bad they felt that they couldn;t make the trip. Again I aplogize if my bringing that to your attention was rude and I apologize that the call center encouraged you to lie regarding your reasons for not staying.

Your comments regarding the pool and room condition of the other hotel were turned over to the head of maintenance and housekeeping to be used for training purposes. And your comments regarding the call center were turned over to corporate. And again, myself apologize for not stepping back from the moment and realizing it really didn't matter "if" or "why", just that it was more important that you were here. We are glad you were able to make the trip and apologize if we made the entire situation any more difficult than it was. While noone likes to receive complaints, we do appreciate it when someone brings them to our attention, constructively, so we have the opportunity to take steps to not have these situations happen again. We hope that all future trips to this area are for happier occassions and that we may be able to make it up to you someday.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

We didn;t want to go through Tucson to get to Scottsdale, so lookked for a different route and found RT.70. We looked to see what hotels were there and this happened to be one them. The reception was greatt,both service wise anf friendly. They were great on recommending where to eat. Safforf isn't a large town,but it has several hotel, restaurants. The rooms were so nice and comfortable nad clean. Nice breakfast. It was quiet. Would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking a different route and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Not many people realize that Safford actually completes a wheel connecting Tucson, the Phoenix Valley and us, and that it is a beautiful drive. We were pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff, facility and community were a pleasure Your comments will be shared with all. Thank you again for your time and patronage and we hope to see you again, if you happen by this way.

TM-General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Safford
Comfort Inn & Suites Safford
#2 of 3 in Thatcher
SpringHill Suites Thatcher
Hwy.Express Inn & Suites
Best Western Desert Inn

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!