“NOT kid friendly”

Titan Missile Museum
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Sahuarita
More attraction details
Owner description: The guided tour shows visitors how ready the U.S. was for war with the Soviets.
Sahuarita, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“NOT kid friendly”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

My family and I have spent the last few days reading about the Titan Missile Museum and were really excited to go visit it today. We have 3 kids that I homeschool 5,4 and 2 so this was supposed to be a educational experience and memories made for my family. I should start off by saying that my kids were EXCEPTIONALLY well behaved and being very very good as we had talked about having "inside voices" and remembering that other people would be there with us. The SECOND we walked inside the lobby we were "greeted" with complaints from the staff about having children. They told us we would be escorted out if my kids made any noise, they wouldn't let my oldest child have one of the Junior Missileer booklets or a pencil to use because they didn't want her coloring on walls or hurting herself on the tour and that was after I said that I would hold her pencil for her while we were inside the tour. They just went on and on and on and on about how this wasn't kid friendly even after I called the other day to make sure it was and the website clearly states "kid friendly" They made me paranoid that if my kids even breathed the wrong way we would be in trouble so instead they suggest we just walk around outside in the 100 degree weather where no one was to just look at things. My kids were very very upset and disappointed. Our children are our next generation of engineers and scientists and all we were trying to do was cultivate a love for history and learning and instead were shown the door. I will never go back and am extremely disappointed in the behavior of the staff, looking at us like we had leprosy the minute we walked in.

3 Thank MFrav

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Titan Missile Doesn't like Families.... don't bring your kids”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Looks like a fun place but not if you have kids, they don’t like kids so forget about it if you want to take the family. When I got there with my three kids all the staff was telling me was what a disruption my kids would be to everyone and how we would probably be asked to leave. My five year old was very excited to see it but can’t because she’s a kid, so we just left. Truly sad that families are punished for having kids, there website is such a lie when it says that it’s kid friendly, maybe kid friendly to show you the door. They need to schedule a family, kid friend tour so everyone can enjoy and learn about the Titan Missile Museum.

3 Thank Justin F
Atlanta, Georgia
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“A Different Kind of Museum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

We wanted to see something different this trip to Tucson. My husband found this museum. It was cool to tour an actual missile site. My daughter was chosen to 'turn the key' to launch the missile. It was the actual key and that was a weird but neat experience. If you are looking for something different and educational in an interesting sort of way, choose to see the Titan Missile Museum.

Seattle, Washington
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Fantastic piece of US military history”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

This is truly a unique educational experience. I really enjoyed the basic tour, including the pre-order film. Being inside the silo was so cool- seeing all the inner workings of the installation was fascinating.

If a member of your party is claustrophobic, I'd think twice about taking them down into the silo, but even my mom, who usually has trouble with small spaces, did fine on this tour.

I would love to return for the extended tour.

Visited December 2013
Tucson, Arizona
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Best Cold War Museum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Standing next to the giant beast of a Titan II missile is a sobering experience. (Even if it is inert.) To think how we could have easily destroyed civilization and the planet, with the push of a button and the turn of a few keys.

I took the extended "Beyond the blast doors," tour. I highly recommend it.
The simulated launch alone was worth the price of admission.

You can read about the Cold War in history books, or you get up close and personal with the awesome power that kept the peace. Take it from this former: "Cold War Warrior," this museum is worth the drive.

Visited June 2014